Pink Italy: Expat Ladies Living in Italy
Welcome to Pink Italy!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to Pink Italy!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for expat women living in Italy, to swap ideas, make friends and seek advice!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Brit just North of Torino

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Brit just North of Torino Empty Brit just North of Torino 16th March 2010, 4:12 pm

indiebird

Hello Everyone,
Not sure how I haven't come across this forum before but there you go!!

I live in a little town just north of Torino and we've been here for about 2 and a half years. We're here cos OH is on secondment with his British firm (we're both from the South East UK) . I have two kids and find that I am just..... just..... coming to terms with the School system here. My Italian is rubbish, there aren't that many expats around... the kids are both fluent and I spend a lot of time pottering about not getting an awful lot done... occasionally teaching English every so often. I am just about getting people to realise that I don't give up easily and that we're not going anywhere just yet so they might as well speak to me

Just wanted to give you all a little wave before I start launching in!! Wink

2Brit just North of Torino Empty Re: Brit just North of Torino 16th March 2010, 8:30 pm

ClareRoma

ClareRoma
Admin

Welcome to the forum! We are also on facebook if you are interested Very Happy

Please feel free to launch in anytime lol

We are a nice crazy bunch all over italy!

My italian isnt to good either and i tend to find other things to do than learn more italian heehee im just plain lazy.

https://pinkitaly.forumotion.com

3Brit just North of Torino Empty Re: Brit just North of Torino 16th March 2010, 9:06 pm

indiebird

ClareRoma wrote:Welcome to the forum! We are also on facebook if you are interested Very Happy

Please feel free to launch in anytime lol

We are a nice crazy bunch all over italy!

My italian isnt to good either and i tend to find other things to do than learn more italian heehee im just plain lazy.

I became a fan on Facebook today too!! Very Happy

4Brit just North of Torino Empty Re: Brit just North of Torino 17th March 2010, 2:45 pm

Lizzie

Lizzie

hi and welcome
are u on the expatsinitaly site? I recognise the name!

5Brit just North of Torino Empty Re: Brit just North of Torino 18th March 2010, 2:02 pm

indiebird

Lizzie wrote:hi and welcome

I am, but I don't post there much tbh.

6Brit just North of Torino Empty Re: Brit just North of Torino 18th March 2010, 3:03 pm

Lizzie

Lizzie

indiebird wrote:

I was on there as Leander, but don't bother much now...too busy with FB, and now I have my Pink Italy girls....I find it more friendly!!! Very Happy

7Brit just North of Torino Empty Re: Brit just North of Torino 18th March 2010, 3:09 pm

indiebird

Lizzie wrote:
indiebird wrote:

I was on there as Leander, but don't bother much now...too busy with FB, and now I have my Pink Italy girls....I find it more friendly!!! Very Happy

I do look in every now and then but I find that as a Brit we don't have a lot of the same issues as peeps trying to sort out visas and stuff... plus sometimes you can get flamed quite badly there too... things HAVE got better there recently but I'm too flippant and off-hand with my comments sometimes! Embarassed Wink

8Brit just North of Torino Empty Re: Brit just North of Torino 18th March 2010, 3:23 pm

Lizzie

Lizzie

indiebird wrote:
Lizzie wrote:
indiebird wrote:

I do look in every now and then but I find that as a Brit we don't have a lot of the same issues as peeps trying to sort out visas and stuff... plus sometimes you can get flamed quite badly there too... things HAVE got better there recently but I'm too flippant and off-hand with my comments sometimes! Embarassed Wink

i stopped looking a little after they did the new site. it is a really good resource, but there are just too many people for me, and I wanted to make friendships not just exchange tips. Somtimes I manageed a bit of a banter but other times I felt like my comments just went into a black hole. And there were times when it got so heated and I thought wtf don't we have enough problems in our off-line lives already???? Anyway I was very happy when Claire had the genuis idea of this site.........what a star!!!! There are a lot of us based in Rome, but now that the numbers are growing I can see some more sub-groups forming which is super, should get some good meet ups going in the spring. Very Happy

9Brit just North of Torino Empty Re: Brit just North of Torino 18th March 2010, 3:30 pm

indiebird

I agree with you, but it is a good resource for info... I also like British Expats which has an Italy sub forum. Some of the people there have been really friendly and I have met up with a couple of people but it's hard sometimes (as I'm seeing from your discussion on meeting up in Rome) for everyone to be in the right place at the right time.

10Brit just North of Torino Empty Re: Brit just North of Torino 18th March 2010, 6:04 pm

Lizzie

Lizzie

it's true, we are finding it tricky, but we have got people managing to meet up in small groups, like me, Claire and Lizzie2. Claire seems to be the most flexible so she gets to meet the most people! we are trying...................
Smile

11Brit just North of Torino Empty Re: Brit just North of Torino 18th March 2010, 8:40 pm

ClareRoma

ClareRoma
Admin

Yup im up for meeting anyone Very Happy and if i start meeting more expat ladies from here then its easier to get everyone to come out for a big meet up.

Plus im a friendly person bom

12Brit just North of Torino Empty Re: Brit just North of Torino 18th April 2010, 12:35 am

carrieitly

carrieitly

Getting this in a bit late but, hi Indie! Welcome!

13Brit just North of Torino Empty Re: Brit just North of Torino 18th April 2010, 11:52 am

ClareRoma

ClareRoma
Admin

Heya Carrie

Where have you been? we have missed you!

14Brit just North of Torino Empty Re: Brit just North of Torino 18th April 2010, 2:10 pm

Ggnitaly84

Ggnitaly84

Hello Indie Smile i also am "un po tardi" but better late than never!!! hows life north of torino? Whats the torino vibe like? Very Happy

http://ggnitaly84.blogspot.com/

15Brit just North of Torino Empty Re: Brit just North of Torino 18th April 2010, 8:11 pm

carrieitly

carrieitly

ClareRoma wrote:Heya Carrie

Where have you been? we have missed you!

Embarassed

I've only got access to Internet in the evenings, and after I check email/fb... basta! I'll be better!

16Brit just North of Torino Empty Re: Brit just North of Torino 18th April 2010, 10:20 pm

indiebird

Hi! Thanks for the welcomes. Life here is cosí cosí really. I live in a small town and it really wasn't quite what I was expecting Italy to be like if I'm honest. I always thought the Italians were a very Open sort of people but not the locals round here. They're not keen on foreigners, they're not keen on Southerners... but there are quite a few of both living here round and about. Not many English speakers at all... but I suppose in some ways it means that I need to learn the lingo... especially with kids at school here. I do love a mooch around Torino though and I love living within spitting distance of the Alps too!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum