Pink Italy: Expat Ladies Living in Italy
Welcome to Pink Italy!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to Pink Italy!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for expat women living in Italy, to swap ideas, make friends and seek advice!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Born in America to Italian Dad and Brit Mum and moving to Milan!

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

lisettecb

Hello ladies,

A very kind friend of mine recommended this website. It is a pleasure to meet you all! My name is Lisette Bellizzi. My father was from Calabria, Italy. We unfortunately lost him to cancer 6 months ago, but I am very happy to be returning to his homeland.
My mother, Maria, is originally from London, England. She and my father, Biagio, met in Buenos Aires, Argentina over 47 years ago and both emigrated to America.
I was born in New Jersey and grew up outside of Manhattan. We spent nearly every summer in England and Italy, and I always have felt very much at home in Europe. In fact, most of our family remain there which is partially the reason for my move.
I am 33, single, the owner of a 13 year old lab mix who will not be making the trip with me I fear. I also adopted a dear cat on death row who my Mother is happily taking when I move.
I am in final preparation now to join my family in southern Italy for "ferie" during August and will then head to Milan to begin work as an English teacher in September.
I am a Professor of Communication and have taught Public Speaking for over 11 years. I will be moving to Italy from Tampa, Florida, my current home of 6 years. I long for seasons and culture and will be grateful to leave behind the "hot" and "hotter" seasons of Florida.
I am looking forward to meeting new people. using my Italian, spending time with family and living the vita bella in Italia.
I will need help with finding an apartment in September if anyone can advise. I am lots of fun, good with kids, reasonably athletic and interested in almost everything! I have a passion for people, cooking, dancing, music, animals (rescues in particular) and languages. I am as happy in a downtown area as I am in the country or mountains.
Thank you for reading this introduction! I welcome comments, advice and new friendships. I look forward to meeting some of you soon.

Tanti saluti,
Lisette

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum