Pink Italy: Expat Ladies Living in Italy
Welcome to Pink Italy!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to Pink Italy!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for expat women living in Italy, to swap ideas, make friends and seek advice!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Chocolate Thumbprint Cookies

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Chocolate Thumbprint Cookies Empty Chocolate Thumbprint Cookies 10th April 2010, 10:52 am

ClareRoma

ClareRoma
Admin

Chocolate Thumbprint Cookies Recipe

Nutritional Info (Per serving):
Calories: 109, Saturated Fat: 2g, Sodium: 53mg, Dietary Fiber: 1g, Total Fat: 6g, Carbs: 14g, Cholesterol: 9mg, Protein: 1g

Prep Time: 20 mins
Cook Time: 16 mins
Rest Time: 20 mins
Total Time: 56 mins

Ingredients
3/4 cup(s) flour, all-purpose
1/2 cup(s) flour, whole-wheat pastry
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup(s) nuts, walnuts, toasted
4 tablespoon butter, unsalted, cold, cut into pieces
1/4 cup(s) oil, walnut, or canola oil
1/2 cup(s) sugar, granulated
1/2 cup(s) sugar, brown, light, packed
1 large egg(s)
2 teaspoon vanilla extract
5 ounce(s) chocolate, bitter or semisweet, chopped, or chocolate chips, melted
6 tablespoon preserves, apricot

Preparation

1. Position rack in the center of the oven; preheat to 375°F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.

2. Whisk all-purpose flour, whole-wheat flour, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl until well combined. Grind walnuts in a food processor until they resemble coarse meal.

3. Beat butter, oil, granulated sugar and brown sugar in a large bowl with an electric mixer until almost creamy-the mixture may still be a little grainy. Beat in egg and vanilla; scrape down the sides and beat in melted chocolate and the ground nuts. Stir in the dry ingredients with a wooden spoon until just incorporated.

4. Roll 1 tablespoon dough into a ball, place on the prepared baking sheet and flatten slightly until it looks like a deflated basketball. Continue with the remaining dough, spacing the cookies 2 inches apart.

5. Bake the cookies for 6 minutes. Remove from the oven and gently press your thumb or the end of a wooden spoon in the center of each cookie. Place 1/2 teaspoon jam in each indentation. Bake until the jam is melted and the cookie is set but still a little soft, 8 to 10 minutes more. Cool on the pan for 2 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Let the pan cool for a few minutes before baking another batch.

Enhancements: Use any flavor jam you want, just don’t use preserves (the pieces of fruit may be too large) or jelly (it will melt too quickly and run).

https://pinkitaly.forumotion.com

2Chocolate Thumbprint Cookies Empty Re: Chocolate Thumbprint Cookies 11th April 2010, 12:48 am

rkabruzzo

rkabruzzo

these look great. i have a similar recipe but it has a tiny bit of cinnamon in it, and it also calls for corn syrup which i usually don't have here in Italy, so i'll try your recipe next time!

I like to make them with cherry jam - even a whole piece of cherry for the hole.
Also have made them before with a pistachio on top (with no jam). and they look very cool - brown and green.

3Chocolate Thumbprint Cookies Empty Re: Chocolate Thumbprint Cookies 11th April 2010, 12:10 pm

ClareRoma

ClareRoma
Admin

I think there something fun you can make with your kids Very Happy

I used to make little cakes with my Grandmother when i was little and i loved it! me and my sister used to eat the left over cake mix out the bowl lol!

https://pinkitaly.forumotion.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum