Pink Italy: Expat Ladies Living in Italy
Welcome to Pink Italy!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to Pink Italy!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for expat women living in Italy, to swap ideas, make friends and seek advice!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Banana Cake - me and Jessica have both made this!

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

ClareRoma

ClareRoma
Admin

Jessica Found the recipe and made it then she gave it to me! it was painless to make and tastes really good!

- 4-5 mashed bananas (use ripe ones)
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar (or less if you can't see your toes)
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup shortening or vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla

So nothing really special and hard to get, you see Smile? First thing you need to do when you try to bake things is - turn on your oven and set
it to 350 F (180C). Oh, you will also need a loaf pan or some similar dish to bake your banana bread and now it is also a good time to grease
it, so your banana bread doesn't stick.

Now let's get started. We need a large bowl and then we start mixing some things in the bowl. First we add sugar, shortening (or oil), and eggs
and then we start mixing so the sugar melts. Then we add mashed bananas and mix some more. When it looks good (don't worry, we are sure it does)
it is time to add all the dry ingredients - flour, salt, vanilla, and baking powder and mix some more. You should get a nice and very thick
banana bread batter.

That's it! What, nothing else you ask? We said we liked our recipes to be short and simple. Well there is one more thing actually - we must
tell you for how long you should bake your banana bread. This recipe and most of other banana bread recipes will tell you to bake your banana
bread for around one hour. And one hour it is Smile.

You can check if it's done already by sticking a toothpick or a knife or something (not your fingers) in you banana bread and if it comes out
clean (not all sticky and dirty with batter), you are finished.

https://pinkitaly.forumotion.com

I found it on this website http://www.banana-bread-recipe.com/ They have many other variations, check it out!

3Banana Cake -  me and Jessica have both made this! Empty Another Banana Cake Recipe! 8th January 2010, 10:08 am

peta

peta

Hi

This recipe was given to me by my Creche kitchen back in Melbourne. It makes a huge try of Banana Cake (a bit moister (is that a word?) than banana bread)

5 Very ripe bananas, mashed(we got some here from our local grocer at 1/2 price as they were so ripe!)
1 cup of oil or 250 grms of butter (even works with the yuck tasting italian butter!)
1 1/3 cup of Castor Sugar (yep straight to the hips but the kids love it!)
4 Eggs
2 3/4 cups self raising flour
1 Teaspoon Bi-Carb Soda (I haven't found this in Italy yet and have made this recipe sucessfully without it)

Cream the butter (or oil) and sugar til smooth. Add eggs and beat. Add mashed bananas and beat. Fold in Self Raising Flour and Bi-Carb. I just tip this in and fold with a wooden spoon, no sifting!
Pour into a greased baking tray (I use my rectangular roasting tray) and cook at 180 - 200 c for 40 - 50 minutes or until golden. Check the middle with a knife to make sure it's cooked through.

Sometimes as a treat I add chocolate chips to the mix, which the boys love, or alternatively I make chocolate butter icing!! Butter, icing sugar and cocoa!!

Enjoy!!!

ClareRoma

ClareRoma
Admin

Ohhhh

How do you make butter icing and icing sugar???

5Banana Cake -  me and Jessica have both made this! Empty Butter Icing 8th January 2010, 1:39 pm

peta

peta

Hi

Butter icing is quite simple, just mix butter (however much you think you'll need to ice the cake) with Icing Sugar (it's called "Zucchero al Velo" overhere) and then add either a colouring (for my 7 year old's BDay in December he had a soccer ball cake so we had green butter icing grass!!) or cocoa and mix in varying proportions til you get the consistency (and of course taste!) that you need.

I usually use 250grms of butter with about 500 gms to 750gms of the icing sugar, they come in 125gm packets over here so between 4 and 6 packets, yes extremely sweet and very fattening, but banana cake and butter icing should (and I say should) be eaten in moderation.

Isn't that the saying, everything in moderation is good for you??? Cool

Enjoy!!

Ggnitaly84

Ggnitaly84

ok im HUNGRYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY! i want to try this and pinapple upside down cake .. YUM Razz

http://ggnitaly84.blogspot.com/

ClareRoma

ClareRoma
Admin

Ohhhh i like pinapples will have to find a recipe to put on here for it then i can try making it at some point! Razz

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum