Pink Italy: Expat Ladies Living in Italy
Welcome to Pink Italy!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to Pink Italy!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for expat women living in Italy, to swap ideas, make friends and seek advice!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Anyone find a tea pot?

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Anyone find a tea pot? Empty Anyone find a tea pot? 19th December 2009, 6:17 pm

jmisgro

jmisgro

I have been looking for a tea pot. Or perhaps I should say tea kettle. The kind you put on the stove to heat water. I found a couple for 43 euros! That's a little out of my price range. They didn't look very sturdy.
Any suggestions of where to look?
I wish they had department stores here. We have mom and pop stores and grocery stores that sell other things.

http://www.litlequeenrules.blogspot.com

2Anyone find a tea pot? Empty Re: Anyone find a tea pot? 19th December 2009, 7:27 pm

Lizzie

Lizzie

I think I saw one in Ikea pretty cheap (less than 20 if I remember correctly...have a look on their website).

3Anyone find a tea pot? Empty Re: Anyone find a tea pot? 19th December 2009, 7:34 pm

sara

After melting the bottom off of two kettles (don't ask) I only buy the electric kind that turn themselves off. We bought ours from the mille idee store in our neighborhood for about 15€. Heats faster than the stove!

4Anyone find a tea pot? Empty Re: Anyone find a tea pot? 22nd December 2009, 12:17 pm

jmisgro

jmisgro

How much water can you put in an electric pot?
Do you all have the outlet problems? One's to big or the other's too small. Or you need an adapter to plug just about anything in?

http://www.litlequeenrules.blogspot.com

5Anyone find a tea pot? Empty Re: Anyone find a tea pot? 22nd December 2009, 7:44 pm

jojofromvictoria

jojofromvictoria

Simple Solution.... haha, is anything simple here? I have a pot that I put on the gas stove that holds about 4 cups of water. It has a pour spout and I just put my tea bag in my nice big cup and pour the boiled water over it. Cost of pot with spout 2 euros in the market... mmmm... enjoy!

6Anyone find a tea pot? Empty Re: Anyone find a tea pot? 22nd December 2009, 7:51 pm

jojofromvictoria

jojofromvictoria

haha... just saw the post about the plugs and the way that that they are all different.. you are so right i need about 20 different adaptors to run things and that is only for 5 plugs... you would think that the electricians who wire the homes would put all the same size outlets in every room. Who knows... ??? But we will survive!!!

7Anyone find a tea pot? Empty Re: Anyone find a tea pot? 23rd December 2009, 12:37 am

sara

jmisgro wrote:How much water can you put in an electric pot?
Do you all have the outlet problems? One's to big or the other's too small. Or you need an adapter to plug just about anything in?

Ours holds 1.2 liters. No issue with the plug - it's standard Italian type.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum