Pink Italy: Expat Ladies Living in Italy
Welcome to Pink Italy!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to Pink Italy!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for expat women living in Italy, to swap ideas, make friends and seek advice!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ciao from Giulianova!

+3
bumblebee
Lizzie
carrieitly
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Ciao from Giulianova! Empty Ciao from Giulianova! 10th September 2009, 2:02 pm

carrieitly

carrieitly

Hi ladies! I'm Carrie, I've been in Giulianova for two years with my Italian husband.

This is a great idea, hope it takes off!

2Ciao from Giulianova! Empty Re: Ciao from Giulianova! 11th September 2009, 3:31 pm

Lizzie

Lizzie

Hi Sorry to be so ignorant, but where exactly is that?! Question

3Ciao from Giulianova! Empty Re: Ciao from Giulianova! 11th September 2009, 6:40 pm

carrieitly

carrieitly

Haha, no worries! It's a small enough town (population around 23,000). It's on the Abruzzo coast, near the Marche border. About half an hour from Pescara, Teramo and Ascoli Piceno and L'Aquila :-).

4Ciao from Giulianova! Empty Re: Ciao from Giulianova! 11th September 2009, 6:52 pm

Lizzie

Lizzie

Sounds like a lovely situation...but no where near ROme Evil or Very Mad

5Ciao from Giulianova! Empty Hi Giulianova 13th September 2009, 11:07 am

bumblebee

Feeling quite proud as I actually knew where you were and my geography of Italy is rather poor. We have lived in the south of Rome since April, but have an apartment in Pineto where we go on holiday and have done for the past 5 years, well actually my husband has been going there on and off since he was 2 and he says not much has changed in that time. The stretch of coastline there in abbruzzo is very loveley and the sea is warm too. Will have to do coffee next time I am there.

Ciao
X bounce

6Ciao from Giulianova! Empty Re: Ciao from Giulianova! 13th September 2009, 4:55 pm

carrieitly

carrieitly

@ lizzie: We get to Rome several times a year. If you want to meet up for a caffè while we're let me know. Likewise, if you find yourself on the other side of the "boot" (seriously, we're a complete strait shot east from Rome) let me know!

@ bumblebee: Brava! And yes, we'll have to do coffee next time time you're around.

Very Happy

7Ciao from Giulianova! Empty Re: Ciao from Giulianova! 13th September 2009, 6:51 pm

Hi carrie!

Sounds beautiful where you live! We all need to meet up for coffee in Rome one of these days flower

8Ciao from Giulianova! Empty Re: Ciao from Giulianova! 13th September 2009, 7:04 pm

carrieitly

carrieitly

Absolutely Jessica... or maybe I'll even get to Verona sometime! Very Happy

9Ciao from Giulianova! Empty Re: Ciao from Giulianova! 13th September 2009, 7:39 pm

Lizzie

Lizzie

carrie

defo smell a Roma meet up on the horizon.....
I am thinking of Nov as I know at least 2 of us are off to the UK in Oct. And it will give us time to build up the site a bit first.
xx

10Ciao from Giulianova! Empty Re: Ciao from Giulianova! 13th September 2009, 8:08 pm

ClareRoma

ClareRoma
Admin

Yes that would be cool!!!

https://pinkitaly.forumotion.com

11Ciao from Giulianova! Empty Re: Ciao from Giulianova! 13th September 2009, 8:11 pm

November sounds good!

12Ciao from Giulianova! Empty Re: Ciao from Giulianova! 13th September 2009, 11:17 pm

carrieitly

carrieitly

November sounds great Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy ! Keep us updated!

13Ciao from Giulianova! Empty Re: Ciao from Giulianova! 15th September 2009, 9:41 am

Lizzie

Lizzie

I shall start preparing my OH....... Twisted Evil

14Ciao from Giulianova! Empty Just an update... 14th January 2010, 6:37 pm

carrieitly

carrieitly

... I'll be in Rome this weekend (Sat/Sun). If anyone's around and up for an informal meet-up (like coffee) let me know!

15Ciao from Giulianova! Empty Re: Ciao from Giulianova! 14th January 2010, 11:40 pm

lmarmstrong66

lmarmstrong66

Hi!
I'm not that close to Rome unfortunately No
I'm stuck in rainy Genoa...

But I kinda know where you are because I drove out that way to Pescara a few summers ago with my husband. My Canadian niece and nephew both stayed in Pacentro (on a school trip), a small village where apparently Madonna-the pop star's family is from.

The coast was beautiful, we hung out at the beach of course Cool

http://www.lmarmstrong66.wordpress.com

16Ciao from Giulianova! Empty Re: Ciao from Giulianova! 15th January 2010, 1:19 am

rkabruzzo

rkabruzzo

I know where you are because I'm in Abruzzo too Smile

down here in Vasto!

Not too far away - we could meet in Pescara sometime if I ever get up there to shop. Or if you're down here exploring more of Abruzzo, let me know!
Rachel

17Ciao from Giulianova! Empty Re: Ciao from Giulianova! 15th January 2010, 12:16 pm

Lizzie

Lizzie

I would love to but can't coz I have family commitments and anyway live too far out. So sorry, what a missed opportunity! And we still haven't organised a Roma meetup..............we'll have to make an effort when the weather improves.

18Ciao from Giulianova! Empty Re: Ciao from Giulianova! 15th January 2010, 3:42 pm

carrieitly

carrieitly

@Lizzie: No frets, we'll organize something proper soon, with lots of notice. I'm thinking after Easter?

@Rachel: Please let me know if you get up to Pescara (or Teramo, Ascoli etc.). I don't get down to Pescara often, but would be really easy for me to meet up for a coffee there. Just let me know!

@lmarmstrong66: The beach really is the place to be around here. Let me know if you're ever back in this direction!

Have a lovely Friday ladies!

19Ciao from Giulianova! Empty Re: Ciao from Giulianova! 15th January 2010, 4:11 pm

Lizzie

Lizzie

after easter is a good plan, the weather is more reliable, and if it is
during the week I could put the kids into school for a full day (up until now I've had to collect them at 12.30) )and come out for lunch WHOOPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!
Ciao from Giulianova! Icon_king
We have also yet to plan a day at the zoo! Ciao from Giulianova! Icon_elephant (got to use the animal icon..knew it would come in handy someday!)

20Ciao from Giulianova! Empty Re: Ciao from Giulianova! 15th January 2010, 4:55 pm

carrieitly

carrieitly

Brilliant, let's count on it!

21Ciao from Giulianova! Empty Re: Ciao from Giulianova! 20th January 2010, 10:44 pm

sammysan

sammysan

Hi Carrie

We'll have to arrange a meet up for a coffee, am fairly close about a 40 minute drive away near Montorio. In London with work at the moment but as soon as I am back...

http://www.lifeinabruzzo.com

22Ciao from Giulianova! Empty Re: Ciao from Giulianova! 21st January 2010, 3:51 pm

carrieitly

carrieitly

sammysan wrote:Hi Carrie

We'll have to arrange a meet up for a coffee, am fairly close about a 40 minute drive away near Montorio. In London with work at the moment but as soon as I am back...

That sounds brilliant, let me know. Smile

23Ciao from Giulianova! Empty Re: Ciao from Giulianova! 22nd January 2010, 3:34 pm

sammysan

sammysan

Hi Carrie

As soon as back will do

http://www.lifeinabruzzo.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum