Pink Italy: Expat Ladies Living in Italy
Welcome to Pink Italy!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to Pink Italy!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for expat women living in Italy, to swap ideas, make friends and seek advice!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Available Food??

+6
piccolina
rkabruzzo
jojofromvictoria
Lizzie
ClareRoma
jmisgro
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26Available Food?? - Page 2 Empty Re: Available Food?? 15th November 2009, 10:31 am

Lizzie

Lizzie

It's funny Rachel, but it is like you are speaking a foreign language! My poor BF is really deprieved...he is lucky if he gets ANYTHING for dinner, let alone somehthing that has more than 4 ingredients and takes more than 20 mins! Available Food?? - Page 2 Icon_smile

27Available Food?? - Page 2 Empty Re: Available Food?? 16th November 2009, 12:59 am

rkabruzzo

rkabruzzo

Lizzie wrote:It's funny Rachel, but it is like you are speaking a foreign language! My poor BF is really deprieved...he is lucky if he gets ANYTHING for dinner, let alone somehthing that has more than 4 ingredients and takes more than 20 mins! Available Food?? - Page 2 Icon_smile

well, since the baby was born you can bet that my husband has seen a lot less of his favourite foods on the table Smile I can't imagine ever cooking anything tedious with kids in the house! impossible!

28Available Food?? - Page 2 Empty Re: Available Food?? 19th December 2009, 6:07 pm

jmisgro

jmisgro

I got my shipment on Tuesday. I did pack the jello. We don't eat it that often but Sophia likes it sometimes. I brought the brown sugar and spices. I haven't found ground cloves(garofalo), though. I didn't pack that!

The Lidl here sucks big time...it is pathetic. I did find Snickers there and some good clear apple juice from Germany.
They do have shortening here. It's called strutto. You will find it near the margarine and butter. I haven't used it yet. I need to buy another baking sheet.

I haven't found syrup. Sophia loves pancakes.
I wish I would have packed my baking powder. But I was thinking about what I would use it in that is not for something sweet.

I bought some of those cetriolini. Like gerkins (pickles) but sour, not a dill flavor. They are strange.

I do miss Dr.Pepper. I could drink a whole 2 liter bottle! Maybe when my mom visits next year we can find some at the Navy base here.

http://www.litlequeenrules.blogspot.com

29Available Food?? - Page 2 Empty Re: Available Food?? 19th December 2009, 6:44 pm

jmisgro

jmisgro

Here's a website for everyone.
http://www.foodfromhome.de lots of stuff on here...

http://www.litlequeenrules.blogspot.com

30Available Food?? - Page 2 Empty Re: Available Food?? 19th December 2009, 7:24 pm

Lizzie

Lizzie

jmisgro wrote:
I do miss Dr.Pepper. I could drink a whole 2 liter bottle! Maybe when my mom visits next year we can find some at the Navy base here.

run Forrest run!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Available Food?? - Page 2 Icon_lol

31Available Food?? - Page 2 Empty Re: Available Food?? 20th December 2009, 12:14 pm

ClareRoma

ClareRoma
Admin

See if you can fins a panarama supermarket or a big supermarket they sometimes stock international foods and you might find some more things you want Very Happy

Or when people come to visit you get them to smuggle things to you in there suit case heehee

https://pinkitaly.forumotion.com

32Available Food?? - Page 2 Empty Re: Available Food?? 21st December 2009, 7:43 pm

jojofromvictoria

jojofromvictoria

awwww.... too bad at the last minute i decided to ditch the baking powder from the suitcases... could have shared it with you. But... if I have any of my spices left when we leave could leave them for you? haha.. just across the straight.. only a ferry ride away.

33Available Food?? - Page 2 Empty Re: Available Food?? 20th February 2010, 2:20 am

rkabruzzo

rkabruzzo

jmisgro wrote:I got my shipment on Tuesday. I did pack the jello. We don't eat it that often but Sophia likes it sometimes. I brought the brown sugar and spices. I haven't found ground cloves(garofalo), though. I didn't pack that!

The Lidl here sucks big time...it is pathetic. I did find Snickers there and some good clear apple juice from Germany.
They do have shortening here. It's called strutto. You will find it near the margarine and butter. I haven't used it yet. I need to buy another baking sheet.

I haven't found syrup. Sophia loves pancakes.
I wish I would have packed my baking powder. But I was thinking about what I would use it in that is not for something sweet.

I bought some of those cetriolini. Like gerkins (pickles) but sour, not a dill flavor. They are strange.

hey j- are you sure that strutto is not just real lard? i think it is!
You will find ground cloves and maple syrup, you must persist.
Did you bring dill weed and dill seed? pop some into your cetriolini... it helps them! (don't put raw garlic in - it can cause botchelism)
You will miss your baking powder when you want to make cornbread or anything that you don't want vanilla flavour in. I still struggle with this italian baking powder after 8 years. As far as I can tell, it's about 1/2 the strength of the American one.

34Available Food?? - Page 2 Empty Re: Available Food?? 20th February 2010, 12:14 pm

ClareRoma

ClareRoma
Admin

lol!

https://pinkitaly.forumotion.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum