Pink Italy: Expat Ladies Living in Italy
Welcome to Pink Italy!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to Pink Italy!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for expat women living in Italy, to swap ideas, make friends and seek advice!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Posteitaliane!!!

+3
lmarmstrong66
becca
peta
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Posteitaliane!!! Empty Posteitaliane!!! 3rd December 2009, 11:36 am

peta

peta

Help!

Can anyone help me in regard to Posteitaliane??

Our local Posteitaliane here in Soriano is not at all helpful (in fact I hear the "Oh no, here comes that Australian women again sigh" everytime I walk through the door!") and no one there speaks English, so as my Italian is still very basic I can't seem to get anywhere with them and have now found out that they have returned 2 packages from Australia, addressed to our address here, back to Milan as unclaimed mail!

I now have the owners of our house (who are fantastic!) involved and they are contacting Posteitaliane Milano to see if they can locate our packages.

I am also going to write a letter to the local branch and have it translated to hopefully ensure that any future mail received will be delivered to our house.

Any experiences, assistance, guidance or ideas on how I can try and make this situation a little more comfortable for all involved would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, another little hurdle I'm documenting for the book I one day hope to write!

PS How's everyone coping with the colder weather and flu's going around??

Ciao
Peta

2Posteitaliane!!! Empty Re: Posteitaliane!!! 4th December 2009, 7:01 pm

Don't really know how to help, did they specify a reason why they are not delivering? Something dumb like your name isn't on the mailbox? I have had nothing but problems with PI so I avoid it like the plague!

3Posteitaliane!!! Empty Re: Posteitaliane!!! 6th December 2009, 9:54 pm

becca

becca

i dont have any problem.
mine always arrive afther two ore tree working days.sometimes four.
and always around 14.00

so amsorry dont know how tohelp you.it would be great if you know someone that speaks inglish and italian.tocome wit you.

hope it wil be ok.

ps they weather is not that cold yet.last year it was so much colder.

4Posteitaliane!!! Empty Update 7th December 2009, 2:11 am

peta

peta

Thanks for your replies.

Just to let you know we asked the owners of our casa what we should do and they suggested we ask for all our mail to be delivered via them as they are well known in the town. So we wrote out an instruction letter, signed it and went with the owners to the post office so they could explain what we wanted to do. But apparently they are not able to do this as they have to deliver to the address as per the letter or package. If we wanted to do this we would have to get all our mail addressed c/- of them, which won't work as I'm trying to establish my business and need my own address.

So what we have had to do is get a new postbox put out the front of our house and give the postoffice copies of my Permission to Stay and copies of our residency and passports.

Hopefully from now on we'll get all our mail delivered.

We're still trying to find out what has happened to the two items that were sent to Milan as unclaimed, hopefully we'll hear back from them this week.

Ciao

5Posteitaliane!!! Empty PI 13th December 2009, 10:23 pm

lmarmstrong66

lmarmstrong66

My mother in law gives them all a Panatone at Xmas! Try this tactic...she has these guys wrapped around her finger and they actually even take phone calls from the entire family! Incredible!!!

It's just the way things are here...

http://www.lmarmstrong66.wordpress.com

6Posteitaliane!!! Empty Re: Posteitaliane!!! 29th March 2011, 7:31 am

louknu01

louknu01

I feel your pain! To date 6 parcels are missing and 3 that I have sent never arrived! Our local post office tells me there is nothing they can do unless parcels are sent registered post ( if this is the case, why do they even have a normal postal service!) Also even when I have paid the extra for registered post it took over 1 week for a birthday present to arrive in Naples from Milan!! So for now I am on a Poste Italia strike!

The good news is that other companies are now starting to compete as the service is indeed dreadful!

7Posteitaliane!!! Empty Re: Posteitaliane!!! 1st May 2011, 11:02 pm

Emma

Emma

I'd give up if I were you and use UPS or FEDEX. I've had things that never arrived with normal post but whenever the sender uses a courier service they always reach me. I've not really tried doing it the other way around but if I had to that's what I'd do.

Good luck.

p.s. I have had things returned to the P.O. because there was no name on the envelope/packet and as there are 2 other families at the same street number as us, I guess that's to be expected (unless you say it's ok, they won't leave anything with a neighbour)...think it's a privacy thing.

http://www.riosanviogallery.blogspot.com

8Posteitaliane!!! Empty Re: Posteitaliane!!! 2nd May 2011, 11:09 pm

piccolina

I sat next to this really nice guy on a plane who, it turns out, works at Posteitaliane. I, of course, gave him a piece of my mind. He was incredulous that anyone would ever send anything non-racommandata. But as I pointed out to him, why do they have regular post if it's so incredibly unreliable? Rolling Eyes He blamed 'thieving postini". Suspect

9Posteitaliane!!! Empty Re: Posteitaliane!!! 13th October 2011, 6:26 pm

Ggnitaly84

Ggnitaly84

I would send raccomondata, its not a really huge expense and you have a more sane piece of mind Smile, its weird a friend of mine in the center of florence always has issues getting her mail ( she has no post box but a shelf where all of their mail arrives ) but at my house the mail always arrives and i order stuff all of the time, books, amazon uk things, mail from my parents or work, always pretty efficient , sometimes late but its like as soon as I moved out of the center by mail arrives!!!

http://ggnitaly84.blogspot.com/

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum