Pink Italy: Expat Ladies Living in Italy
Welcome to Pink Italy!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to Pink Italy!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for expat women living in Italy, to swap ideas, make friends and seek advice!

You are not connected. Please login or register

UPDATES how is everyone!

+4
carrieitly
mnancej
Lizzie
Ggnitaly84
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1UPDATES how is everyone! Empty UPDATES how is everyone! 2nd July 2010, 7:59 pm

Ggnitaly84

Ggnitaly84

i admit it.. i have been an absentee pink forum member..so hwo is everyone! id love to know updates about you all! ( i wanted to say "yall" but im learning haha ) ..

all is well in florence! I FINALLY got my permesso after my 3rd trip of them telling me that its "not ready yet" and i had to wait about 4 hours to hear that! but im a happy girl! work is ok! florence is WAY TOO HOT , i need to buy an air conditioner! im kinda bummed that i dont get to go home in august which seemingly everyone does? t-man has to work ( touristic office ) and well where would i go >? haha..

love to hear from you all! your fiorentina!

http://ggnitaly84.blogspot.com/

2UPDATES how is everyone! Empty Re: UPDATES how is everyone! 4th July 2010, 12:08 pm

Lizzie

Lizzie

Well we are on FB, but in the spirit of the forum, here is my update.

I too am in Italy for the whole summer (no money for travelling this year Sad ) and it is getting very hot, 35 degrees yesterday when we were out. I am busy trying to keep the kids entertained. The 2 little ones go to school all July, Matteo has gone to Abruzzo for a week with scouts (yeah!). I am still keeping the gym up, ormai less frequently as I have to find a balance between my needs and the needs of the kids.I am also still doing some of my English lessons, although one of my favorite students is moving to Dubai booooooooooooo! I am trying to take each day as it comes and not think about the nights of sleeplessness, it's just so hard to get to sleep. I am told I need a tan so some trips to the beach are in order, and I am dreaming of installing A/C ha ha! Giuli has 2 weeks off in August so we should be able to get out and about a bit. That's it..................HAPPY SUMMER EVERYONE! Very Happy

3UPDATES how is everyone! Empty UPDATES how is everyone! 5th July 2010, 12:15 pm

mnancej

Hi there,

Since I am new to this forum anyway and most of you don't know me, here's a little update on my life here in Rome.

The weather is really getting too hot, and this is from me, a gal from Malaysia. Though this has not stopped us from going to the beach last weekend.

Also, its a great time for shopping as the sales have begun. And I live just 5 mins from Castel Romano!!! cheers
I actually do my Christmas shopping during this time for friends and family back in Malaysia. santa

So anyone wanting to go shopping, I am alwaysssss freee!!!! What a Face

4UPDATES how is everyone! Empty Re: UPDATES how is everyone! 29th July 2010, 4:27 pm

carrieitly

carrieitly

Lizzie wrote:I am told I need a tan

lol! I am SO sick of being told I'm too pale. Look people, I'm white! I'm Scot-Irish, I don't get dark, DEAL! Italians are beautiful people and all that, but honestly, most of you look the same, get used to a little variety!

mnancej wrote:The weather is really getting too hot, and this is from me, a gal from Malaysia.

I hear ya! And I'm from the desert! But it's the humidity that kills me, I'm absolutely miserable through July/August as I have asthma. Thankfully we do have A/C, and it's been put to pleanty of use of late!

Things here in Abruzzo are ok. I've been having a bit of a rough time in the last few months with health/personal issues- things I hope to be triumphing over SOON! It is however a very hard time to be away from family and close friends. I've finally got a job, after nearly two and a half years of living here (granted I wasn't actually looking, it literally fell in my lap). Teaching English (of course) in a little private school close to my house. The students are all lovely (though of course it's quite slow now that it's summer). The owner of the school is the embodiment of Mrs. Havisham- she's absolutely mad, a total riot!

I'd love to get away next month, but it's not gonna happen. We've a couple wedding's in the autumn in the US we'd love to make it to, and money's very tight. Hubby and I've decided while he's off of work in Aug. we'll take a vacation to IKEA! Surprised

Oh, yes, and as those of you who are on fb know, we've just gotten a kitten, Tuna. She was 3 weeks old when she came to us, and quite ill, but she's a fighter and doing brilliant now, a spunky lil' pig!

5UPDATES how is everyone! Empty Re: UPDATES how is everyone! 30th July 2010, 2:59 pm

ClareRoma

ClareRoma
Admin

We just got back from 15 days in the dolomiti/ mountains which was nice it was much cooler up there and quite cold at nighttime and after an almost 11 hour drive yesterday we are back in Roma and the hot weather!!!

The cat has done nothing but complain since we got back as we left in him Roma with a lady who came in to feed him
since a day and play with him and he hates to be alone!

Hoping to have a day trip to Florence soon fingerscrossed

https://pinkitaly.forumotion.com

6UPDATES how is everyone! Empty Re: UPDATES how is everyone! 22nd September 2010, 1:22 pm

rkabruzzo

rkabruzzo

ah... the pink absentee winner of the year is me!

had a great time visiting family in the US from mid-May to beginning of July -- although long air travel with my little girl was a huge physical challenge for me as I was travelling alone, and the weather sucked most of the whole visit -- but I got to see old friends + visit my sister in Montana and that was a really nice treat.

From July to now, I've been working on a new website for my little girl's daycare center which i totally love. Finally a decent private daycare for those of us around the Vasto area!
check it out.http://www.nidovasto.it

plus, another (not as nice) website, for the butcher in the little town where our palace is: www.laventricina.it since he makes the greatest ventricina around these parts!

Didn't get to the beach a whole lot because the hoardes of tourists and lack of parking drives me insane.

and now, i have just come out of the hospital after an early miscarriage, so i am going to work on recovering my strength, getting to the gym this winter, and taking my vitamins... try to get myself a little healthier and less stressed than last year.

Next on the list: move out of this apartment.

thanks for asking how we all are Georgette! i think FB has taken over the world, and our little pink forum has suffered for it.
ciao

7UPDATES how is everyone! Empty Re: UPDATES how is everyone! 22nd September 2010, 5:07 pm

becca

becca

mine update,

have spent with serena two weeks in amsterdam.we had a lovely time.
only the weather was really bad and cold.
but that diden't spoil the fun.

now mine angel is ad school.its the second week.
she stil cry's when i leave but afther she is ok.

i just only get really tired of her two teachers.
they stuff as we call her sirena(as she cry's and can screem too)
you can she she is a only child.
she needs to have a lithel brother ore sister.

i just smile as idont want to be rude.ama kinder garden teacher meself and i never said anything like this to parents.

i hope they dont see her;oh there you got serena again.

but further everything go's ok ad school.she starts monday her long day.til 15.50
i felt guilty about that as am not working ad the moment.
but i need to think that if i find something that i also got enough time to travel,do the spesa and clean the house before i pick her up.

our house is a mess as the are working on it.we are getting our own part now.so mine parents in law have there privecy too.

amhappy but its a mess.

hugs

8UPDATES how is everyone! Empty Re: UPDATES how is everyone! 23rd September 2010, 10:04 am

carrieitly

carrieitly

Rachel, I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. Let me know if there's anything I can do. x

9UPDATES how is everyone! Empty Re: UPDATES how is everyone! 3rd October 2010, 9:21 am

bellaciao

bellaciao

I am here too. More active I guess on FB (you can look me up with email- bellaciao@gmail.com).
All is going fairly well here in the north. My husband and I are in the middle of redoing an old house and it will be ready for the holidays so things will be extra busy this Christmas! =).
Since all of our money plus some is going into the house, we were not able to get away this year but I really hope to get back to Ohio next summer. I have an Uncle who lives in Whales who is planning on heading back for July 4th and so we are going to try to do an almost complete family GTG (first one in almost 20 years).

Anyways, that is pretty much all for right now. Just staying busy with 2 little ones =).

10UPDATES how is everyone! Empty Re: UPDATES how is everyone! 4th October 2010, 7:57 pm

rkabruzzo

rkabruzzo

thanks Carrie.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum