Pink Italy: Expat Ladies Living in Italy
Welcome to Pink Italy!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to Pink Italy!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for expat women living in Italy, to swap ideas, make friends and seek advice!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Hello from an Italian Expat

+2
ClareRoma
prillo67
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Hello from an Italian Expat Empty Hello from an Italian Expat 12th April 2010, 3:29 pm

prillo67

Hello everybody,

I'm new to this site. I found Pink Italy while looking for an English playgroup for my baby, and think
this is a great place.

I'm Italian, so it might look strange that I've joined this forum.
What can I say? The truth is that I love to have friends coming from all over the world, and you can
always ask me about the strange, funny and sometimes stupid things we Italians do.

Very Happy

2Hello from an Italian Expat Empty Re: Hello from an Italian Expat 12th April 2010, 10:00 pm

ClareRoma

ClareRoma
Admin

Welcome Prillo to the forum!

Your are very welcome here we are all very friend Very Happy feel free to jump right into any of the threads Very Happy

https://pinkitaly.forumotion.com

3Hello from an Italian Expat Empty Hello from an Italian Expat 13th April 2010, 2:03 pm

*Lizzie*

*Lizzie*

Ciao Prillo,

Nice to meet u!

If you ever want to arrange playdates, I nanny for an 18 and 3 month old! We are always looking for new friends to play with!
How old is your baby?

4Hello from an Italian Expat Empty Re: Hello from an Italian Expat 13th April 2010, 4:06 pm

prillo67

Hi Lizzie, hi Clare, thank you for the warm welcome!! Very Happy

Lizzie, my baby is 17 month old. I would love to meet and arrange playdates, the only problem is that
during the week I work until 5.30pm ....
Anyway I will be taking some days off in the coming weeks, may be we will be able to meet then.

Let's keep in touch Very Happy

5Hello from an Italian Expat Empty Re: Hello from an Italian Expat 17th April 2010, 6:19 pm

Lizzie

Lizzie

welcome!
where abouts in rome r u????

lizzie2 what's t like babysittig an 18 yr old? Razz

6Hello from an Italian Expat Empty Re: Hello from an Italian Expat 18th April 2010, 3:32 am

carrieitly

carrieitly

Hi Prillo, welcome!

It'll be nice to have a view from "the other side"! Wink

7Hello from an Italian Expat Empty Re: Hello from an Italian Expat 18th April 2010, 2:06 pm

Ggnitaly84

Ggnitaly84

Hello Prillo! we need some more italians on this thread! Very Happy , I live in Florence but i live variously through the Rome expats on this forum haha....and yes lizzie whats its like babysitting an 18 year old? or did you mean 18 month old? LOL Razz

http://ggnitaly84.blogspot.com/

8Hello from an Italian Expat Empty Re: Hello from an Italian Expat 18th April 2010, 3:08 pm

Lizzie

Lizzie

Ggnitaly84 wrote:Hello Prillo! we need some more italians on this thread! Very Happy , I live in Florence but i live variously through the Rome expats on this forum haha....and yes lizzie whats its like babysitting an 18 year old? or did you mean 18 month old? LOL Razz
Actually I have seen his photo and he is very cute (but very small for 18!) Wink

9Hello from an Italian Expat Empty Re: Hello from an Italian Expat 19th April 2010, 11:18 am

prillo67

Hi girls,

Sorry for not answering before but I couldn't connect for a few days (my baby was ill again, too bad...)

Lizzie 1: I live in Monteverde, not too far from Villa Pamphili

Carrie: I share your opinion, it is very interesting to see the different point of views we have on
some aspects of life

Lol: how is it to live in Florence? I spent the first 30 years of my life in Milan, and I can say it is
very different from Rome.

Everybody: I hope to meet you soon!

Monica (Prillo is my nickname)

10Hello from an Italian Expat Empty Re: Hello from an Italian Expat 19th April 2010, 1:08 pm

Lizzie

Lizzie

prillo67 wrote:Hi girls,

Sorry for not answering before but I couldn't connect for a few days (my baby was ill again, too bad...)

Lizzie 1: I live in Monteverde, not too far from Villa Pamphili

Monica (Prillo is my nickname)

oh Lizzie 2 lives near there! we will be doing a meetup there too at some point.... Smile

11Hello from an Italian Expat Empty Re: Hello from an Italian Expat 19th April 2010, 5:46 pm

prillo67

oh Lizzie 2 lives near there! we will be doing a meetup there too at some point.... Smile[/quote]

Great, just let me know when and I will do my best to be there Very Happy
I work during the week, but I will find a way to join you.

12Hello from an Italian Expat Empty Re: Hello from an Italian Expat 19th April 2010, 9:05 pm

Lizzie

Lizzie

prillo67 wrote:oh Lizzie 2 lives near there! we will be doing a meetup there too at some point.... Smile

I work during the week, but I will find a way to join you.[/quote]

weìll try for a weekend.
I am also trying for another lunch date in the centre, is that feasible for u???

13Hello from an Italian Expat Empty Hello from an Italian Expat 20th April 2010, 9:49 am

*Lizzie*

*Lizzie*

Hey guys,

OOoops...I meant an 18 month old...not 18 years lol! Very Happy

Monica...I live near Villa Pamphili too...off Via Gregorio VII, so we are practically neighbours!
I dont usually work with the kids at weekends, but on the odd occasion that I do we can maybe arrange something, otherwise if you do get the odd day in the week, let me know.

Ciao x

14Hello from an Italian Expat Empty Re: Hello from an Italian Expat 20th April 2010, 2:51 pm

prillo67

*Lizzie* wrote:Hey guys,

OOoops...I meant an 18 month old...not 18 years lol! Very Happy

Monica...I live near Villa Pamphili too...off Via Gregorio VII, so we are practically neighbours!
I dont usually work with the kids at weekends, but on the odd occasion that I do we can maybe arrange something, otherwise if you do get the odd day in the week, let me know.

Ciao x

I pass by Gregorio VII every day returning from work!
Should I take a day off I will definitely let you know and we can meet at Villa Pamphili with
the kids. And just let me know about the weekends.

Smile

15Hello from an Italian Expat Empty Re: Hello from an Italian Expat 20th April 2010, 3:00 pm

prillo67

Lizzie wrote:
prillo67 wrote:oh Lizzie 2 lives near there! we will be doing a meetup there too at some point.... Smile

I work during the week, but I will find a way to join you.

weìll try for a weekend.
I am also trying for another lunch date in the centre, is that feasible for u???[/quote]

Lizzie, I only have 30 minutes for the lunch break so I would need to take a few hours off.
In any case just let me know, and if I can I will come.

I would like to do so many things but got so little time for myself..
Lizzie, I think with three kids you can really understand me.
Anyway sooner or later we will meet!!

16Hello from an Italian Expat Empty Re: Hello from an Italian Expat 20th April 2010, 7:53 pm

Lizzie

Lizzie

prillo67 wrote:
I would like to do so many things but got so little time for myself..
Lizzie, I think with three kids you can really understand me.
Anyway sooner or later we will meet!!

oh boy can i understand! I have pnly just started to have enough free time to go to the gym...but when i go back to work fulltime that will be over boooooooooooooo!

we are talking about a lunch date on Thursday 6th May...although i haven't yet posted this info on the site! we normally make lunch around 1 at the pub...would u be able to get a couple of hours off to join us?

17Hello from an Italian Expat Empty Re: Hello from an Italian Expat 21st April 2010, 10:37 am

prillo67

[quote="Lizzie
oh boy can i understand! I have pnly just started to have enough free time to go to the gym...but when i go back to work fulltime that will be over boooooooooooooo!

we are talking about a lunch date on Thursday 6th May...although i haven't yet posted this info on the site! we normally make lunch around 1 at the pub...would u be able to get a couple of hours off to join us?[/quote]

Yes Lizzie, that would be feasible for me. Just let me know where exactly is the pub.

I badly need some time off for myself and some nice girlish chat. Too much time has passed since I last
went out without husband and kid...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum