Pink Italy: Expat Ladies Living in Italy
Welcome to Pink Italy!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to Pink Italy!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for expat women living in Italy, to swap ideas, make friends and seek advice!

You are not connected. Please login or register

The sales - any finds?

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1The sales - any finds? Empty The sales - any finds? 12th January 2010, 1:14 am

piccolina

Hi - has anyone had any luck with the sales this season? I had a look on Via Nazionale on Saturday and ended up just buying a few things at Tezenis (some multicoloured singlets for Euro 2.50 each some pajama bottoms for Euro 7.50). But I really didn't see anything else and nothing seemed like a bargain. Oh and I also got some black leggings (which are oh so in right now it seems drunken ) for 3 euro at a stall on Piazza Vittorio. Definitely better than paying 22 euro at a shop in Termini for exactly the same thing.

So any good sale finds, any tips?

2The sales - any finds? Empty Re: The sales - any finds? 12th January 2010, 12:20 pm

ClareRoma

ClareRoma
Admin

If i remember from last year i found more bargins in the shopping malls like Porta di Roma as theres alot more shops there and department stores Very Happy

https://pinkitaly.forumotion.com

3The sales - any finds? Empty Re: The sales - any finds? 12th January 2010, 4:42 pm

Ggnitaly84

Ggnitaly84

Im with claire about the shopping malls. Upim has some GREAT sales on tights.. around 3-4 euros a pair..! and i got some great black gloves for 4 euros.. actually everything was a great deal there... i saw some good deals at Zara too.. i got some work shirts for 12-14EU each..

but to be honest after shopping in America i was disappointed when i came back ( for shopping ) lol.. i ended up bring an extra suitcase home because of the sales.. i got my BF about 300$ worth of stuff for less than a 100.. amazing! Very Happy

http://ggnitaly84.blogspot.com/

4The sales - any finds? Empty Re: The sales - any finds? 15th January 2010, 2:14 am

rkabruzzo

rkabruzzo

totally! in the US, you can buy so much more for so much less! oh how i miss it! Sad

I had 1/2 a day to shop in Rome - on viale marconi - i too grabbed something at tezenis - pair of pajamas for myself - tag said large but internal tag says M, (now that i'm back home on the other side of the boot!) but fortunately they fit anyway. Would have liked them to be a little roomier, but oh well.

Every year prices go up in this country. Neutral too bad paychecks are not increasing

5The sales - any finds? Empty Re: The sales - any finds? 15th January 2010, 5:04 pm

Ggnitaly84

Ggnitaly84

so true!!!!!!!!1 I asked my bf about how salary increases worked here.. is it every year ect ect and he just laughed.. so i guess 1000EU a month for life just "works"? ,, boo!

I need a new pair of running shoes and its so hard to find ones that aren't 70EU.. not to mention i wear a size 41 which scared the living daylights out of italian shopkeepers.. size 41? im sorry we dont have..

6The sales - any finds? Empty Re: The sales - any finds? 15th January 2010, 10:21 pm

piccolina

Laughing I'm also a size 41. Oh yeah and before having a kid I was a 34DD (my boobs have shrunk from breastfeeding). Italian shopkeepers are affraid when I ask for my size. scratch scratch

Let's not even talk about shopping in the US and how great it is. Last time we were in the US we bought so many beautiful baby clothes (luckily in lot of sizes) and stuff for ourselves and spent very little. farao

(I just wanted to use the King Tut smiley)

7The sales - any finds? Empty Re: The sales - any finds? 15th January 2010, 11:03 pm

Lizzie

Lizzie

Ggnitaly84 wrote:so true!!!!!!!!1 I asked my bf about how salary increases worked here.. is it every year ect ect and he just laughed.. so i guess 1000EU a month for life just "works"? ,, boo!

I need a new pair of running shoes and its so hard to find ones that aren't 70EU.. not to mention i wear a size 41 which scared the living daylights out of italian shopkeepers.. size 41? im sorry we dont have..

last year I was looking at the Nike sales. There were some running shoes half prive at 50euro, I tried them but they weren't comfortable. I told the assistant this and she said ..."of course u have to pay more if u want comfort". WTF! They were 100euro at full price!!! SO you know what I did??? I paid about 15euro for a pair from Lidl and am very happy with them thankyou!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
but how BIZARRE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The sales - any finds? Icon_cool

8The sales - any finds? Empty Re: The sales - any finds? 15th January 2010, 11:09 pm

Lizzie

Lizzie

piccolina wrote:The sales - any finds? Icon_lol I'm also a size 41. Oh yeah and before having a kid I was a 34DD (my boobs have shrunk from breastfeeding). Italian shopkeepers are The sales - any finds? Affraid when I ask for my size. The sales - any finds? Icon_scratch The sales - any finds? Icon_scratch )

I am 32DD, I go to the UK for my bras, but I have to try on a million bras before I get one to fit. They say they don't really do my size anymore...what? Have all women suddenly become big all over but small breasted? I apparently have a narrow back, but surely teenagers do too? BOH! I manage to get some in Oct, but 2 I can't wear coz after a while the underwire digs in between my breasts and I get sore. (Incidently I breastfed for about 4 an a half years, between all my kids, my boobs are smaller now too, but they are filling out a bit, a year after I have stopped for the last time!) GOSH MY LIFE IS INTERESTING (NOT)! The sales - any finds? Icon_razz

9The sales - any finds? Empty Re: The sales - any finds? 16th January 2010, 10:21 am

piccolina

Lizzie wrote:
Ggnitaly84 wrote:so true!!!!!!!!1 I asked my bf about how salary increases worked here.. is it every year ect ect and he just laughed.. so i guess 1000EU a month for life just "works"? ,, boo!

last year I was looking at the Nike sales. There were some running shoes half prive at 50euro, I tried them but they weren't comfortable. I told the assistant this and she said ..."of course u have to pay more if u want comfort". WTF! They were 100euro at full price!!! SO you know what I did??? I paid about 15euro for a pair from Lidl and am very happy with them thankyou!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
but how BIZARRE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The sales - any finds? Icon_cool

That's really weird. I guess the shop assistant just didn't know what to say so she just let her mouth run.

This is the central paradox on Italy - how on earth do people afford all this expensive stuff on their 1000 euro salaries? Anyway I'd consider 50 euro a LOT for workout clothes.

10The sales - any finds? Empty Re: The sales - any finds? 16th January 2010, 12:16 pm

ClareRoma

ClareRoma
Admin

Have you noticed it all clothes, shoes and bags in the sales! nothing else seems to be on sale when i look like computer games or house stuff! i really do prefer the UK sales you can find real bargins!! And i loved to look in TKMaxx that had such bargains sometimes! Smile

11The sales - any finds? Empty Re: The sales - any finds? 4th February 2010, 7:14 pm

Lizzie

Lizzie

i goa half price cost. i am so happy, i have spent all winter with a coat with a broken zip. now i am toastie warm! bounce

12The sales - any finds? Empty Re: The sales - any finds? 6th February 2010, 12:36 pm

piccolina

Me too - got a fab wool coat for 30 euro at Sisley. I had the toddler with me when trying it on so I just grabbed a bunch of coats that looked vaguely my size and tried em on in front of the mirror. This was the first one which fit so I bought it. Looks fab and matches my fave scarf.

Amazing how a little sale shopping can cheer me up. Very Happy

13The sales - any finds? Empty Re: The sales - any finds? 21st February 2010, 11:50 am

Ggnitaly84

Ggnitaly84

i got a new handbag at accesorize for about 12 euros and a really cute tweed jacket for 40 euros at Colors of Benneton, I noticed teh sales are dwindling down but there are a still a few.. does anyone actually buy shoes at Zara? They seem so cheaply made but yet cost 50-60-70 euros unless on sale? Is there no "quality control" here?.. lol.. I often see shoes with little or no soles cost in the upwards on 100euros? weird..

14The sales - any finds? Empty Re: The sales - any finds? 21st February 2010, 12:14 pm

ClareRoma

ClareRoma
Admin

I get my shoes in the UK or from the market stalls for 10 euros they always have good quality boots etc for not much on those stalls its amazing!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum