Pink Italy: Expat Ladies Living in Italy
Welcome to Pink Italy!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to Pink Italy!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for expat women living in Italy, to swap ideas, make friends and seek advice!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Wii or not to wii

+4
Ggnitaly84
Lizzie
yaveli
ClareRoma
8 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Wii or not to wii Empty Wii or not to wii 27th November 2009, 4:50 pm

ClareRoma

ClareRoma
Admin

I have been thinking about getting a Wii for christmas and doing the wii fit/sports games. I have had a go on them at my babysitting work and it all seems alot of fun. I have also read articles in my fitness mag's that the wii can help burn of calories!

So i want to know what others think about it? what do you think about the wii? have you tried it? etc bounce

https://pinkitaly.forumotion.com

2Wii or not to wii Empty to WII 27th November 2009, 5:53 pm

yaveli

yaveli

My husband and I love it. In the cold months, it comes in handy!

3Wii or not to wii Empty Re: Wii or not to wii 29th November 2009, 6:54 pm

Lizzie

Lizzie

Go on, get it, and then bring it to ours' so we can try it out!

4Wii or not to wii Empty Re: Wii or not to wii 30th November 2009, 12:57 am

ClareRoma

ClareRoma
Admin

you know i will heehee Razz

5Wii or not to wii Empty Re: Wii or not to wii 30th November 2009, 2:14 am

Ggnitaly84

Ggnitaly84

i want one so bad.. i used to love "super mario kart" and i heard the wii version is cool.. im curious to know how the fitness ones work.. i say go for it and be our tutorial! bounce

http://ggnitaly84.blogspot.com/

6Wii or not to wii Empty Re: Wii or not to wii 30th November 2009, 4:12 pm

Lizzie

Lizzie

Wii or not to wii Icon_cheers yay go clare!

7Wii or not to wii Empty Re: Wii or not to wii 1st December 2009, 2:03 pm

peta

peta

Hi Clare

We'e Wii'd and the boys love it! Ian and I use it occassionally, mainly for monitoring our fitness. It records your weight and BMI and can be a bit scary if you've not been on for a while and not doing much exercise. However at other times it's a nice reminder of how well you're doing.

Go ahead and get one, even if you just use it to record your progress, you can also make some really cute Wii people too!

Enjoy!

8Wii or not to wii Empty Re: Wii or not to wii 1st December 2009, 3:14 pm

ClareRoma

ClareRoma
Admin

Ok you have talked me into it! lol I have asked my BF if i can have one for christmas Razz we can both use it and the exercises games so that should be interesting!

I have seen at least 5 different fitness games which look really interesting! and it would be nice to have something to mointor my weight and progress for me! lol

9Wii or not to wii Empty Re: Wii or not to wii 15th December 2009, 5:30 pm

ClareRoma

ClareRoma
Admin

We got the wii on saturday and got wii sports and wii fot and the balance board!

So we tried out wii sports and did the bowling which we both enjoyed and my BF loves the golf on it.

We did the Wii fit and apparently it told me i was fat bordering on obese!! i almost cried when it said this! i might be fat but i am not obese!! so i made a plan with it about how long it wont it to take for me to lose weight. So i started yesterday and did 1 hour and today i did 30mins.

Its aòll quite fun and im enjoying it! i noticed theres a wii fit plus game out with new things to add to the wii fit so i want to get that to at some point! Very Happy

10Wii or not to wii Empty Broken Wii! 15th December 2009, 6:03 pm

peta

peta

Hi Clare

Great to hear you're enjoying your Wii!!!

Our boys love theirs too and don't worry, the Wii also tells my husband he's obese! which he isn't, and he also get's really annoyed with it's smug suggestions on how to lose weight!

Don't suppose you would know of anywhere that might repair Wii's in Roma? Ours got knocked off the table by the kids on the weekend and hasn't been working properly since.

We're not sure if you can even get them fixed but thought I'd just check here to see if anyone know if they can be fixed or where there might be a place that would try to fix them. Our local computer/game shop here has fixed one of the boys DS's before but he doesn't do Wii's.

If we can't get it fixed we'll just have to ask Babbo Natale for a new one as I don't think the boys will last through the holidays without it (neither will we!!)

Keep up the good excercise routine and enjoy!

Ciao
Peta

11Wii or not to wii Empty Re: Wii or not to wii 15th December 2009, 6:31 pm

Lizzie

Lizzie

We have the wii but have to admit don't use it much at the moe (maybe coz the tv is broken Wii or not to wii Icon_cry ). I liked doing the baseball practice and the tennis, but my arms were killing afterwards! Wii or not to wii Icon_wink

My sister says 'Mario Karts' is good. Peta what games do your kids have that u recommend?? My eldest is 8 (actually my eldest is 40 if you count my OH!)

12Wii or not to wii Empty Wii Game recommendations 15th December 2009, 6:52 pm

peta

peta

Hi Lizzie

Yes, both boys complained of sore body parts when they first started playing!

They really enjoy the Wii Sports games and we've just got Wii Sports Resort which is really fun.

They also have a lot of fun with Mario Cart and the Lego games - Batman, Indiana Jones, Star Wars, etc. Mish (11) also really loves Guitar Hero!

Maybe we should meet up and you bring your broken telly and we can bring our broken Wii and try and find somewhere to get them fixed?? I'm really desperate to get the Wii working before the holidays, especially given it's going to be so cold!!!

We're heading up to Piemonte for 8 days after Christmas and are looking forward to the snow, skiing, toboganing (is that how you spell it?) and snow play, but we can't be out in the snow all day and as it will be FREEZING!! we were planning on taking the Wii to keep the boys entertained.

Hope the game suggestions help?

Ciao
Peta flower

13Wii or not to wii Empty Re: Wii or not to wii 15th December 2009, 8:57 pm

actually my eldest is 40 if you count my OH!)
OMG lizzie diet coke shot out of my nose reading that! lol!

14Wii or not to wii Empty To Wii 15th December 2009, 11:39 pm

lmarmstrong66

lmarmstrong66

My step mom has one and she loves it! I watched her once and it's really cute, but I am not sure about how it gets much in the way of sweat cardio...but I guess it beats nothing at all. If I keep up with eating and living Italian I may need to ask Santa for one too! I've already gained 5 kilo since I moved here, Yikes!

Are they expensive here? Maybe I should shop for one in Canada while I am there. I hate the gym! But if a machine tells me I am obese it may end up flying off the balcony, I've got a wiiii temper, hahahaahaha Razz

http://www.lmarmstrong66.wordpress.com

15Wii or not to wii Empty Re: Wii or not to wii 16th December 2009, 11:06 am

ClareRoma

ClareRoma
Admin

My one was 180 euros which i think is standard price! wii fit is kind of funny but there are other fitness games out there to for it which i think make you sweat more. I have seen a fitness first wii workout game, several personal instructor ones as well!

I am thinking of buying a few of them along with Mario carts! Also if you find a game shop that sells secondhand games you can pick come wii games up for cheaper!

Blockbuster sells new and secondhand wii games and have a good variety!

16Wii or not to wii Empty Re: Wii or not to wii 16th December 2009, 11:35 am

Lizzie

Lizzie

Peta said: "Maybe we should meet up and you bring your broken telly and we can bring our broken Wii and try and find somewhere to get them fixed??"
I actually got a tv repair man to come out, as our tv weighs 53 kilos (yes more than me!!!!!!!!) He said it would cost minimum of 150euro to fix and he couldn't garantee that when he opened it up he wouldn't find more probs, so the upper limit was 'no-limits'. Also he said that what if it went wrong in 6 months time again? It wouldn't be his problem! Che pizza! The tv is only 5 years old and was 1000 euro (although we paid 600 in sales). My friend took a look at it and couldn't repair it. So now it is dead...but we can't move the bloomin' thing as we both suffer with our backs! I am thinking of dismantling it piece by piece!
Our PlayStation 2 broke about a year ago and it was only a couple of years old, but no repair shops Wii or not to wii Icon_sad. Can't find anyone to repair my movie cam corder either, we have only had it a couple of years and are missing all those special moments with the kids. The shop doesn't want to know. CHE PIZZA!!!!!!!!!! My washing machine is also dying after 5 years. Does ANYTHING last here!!!!!!?????????? (Apart from my OH's bad moods?) UUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGG!

Thanks for the game tips, they are the same recommendations my sister made so I will definately be investing in some.
Jessica: Wii or not to wii Icon_tongue we are all mad aren't we! wish I'd been there to see it!

17Wii or not to wii Empty Re: Wii or not to wii 16th December 2009, 12:43 pm

lmarmstrong66 wrote:
Are they expensive here? Maybe I should shop for one in Canada while I am there.

The only downside to buying them there is first of all the difference in plugs and electricity, but the main issue is the games. Wiis in North America are NTSC and the ones here play PAL games. All Nintendo home consoles have region locking either by software encoding or physical differences in media and consoles...So it would suck to spend all that money and not be able to buy/play games here.

On the other hand, my brainiac husband hacked our wii so we don't have to buy games for it anyways.

18Wii or not to wii Empty Re: Wii or not to wii 16th December 2009, 1:19 pm

Lizzie

Lizzie

if only Daniele was polygamous!

19Wii or not to wii Empty Re: Wii or not to wii 16th December 2009, 8:47 pm

Hey we have an extra room now! haha. Leave the sick kids at home though lol

20Wii or not to wii Empty Re: Wii or not to wii 16th December 2009, 10:48 pm

Lizzie

Lizzie

sicko! Wii or not to wii Icon_twisted

21Wii or not to wii Empty Re: Wii or not to wii 17th December 2009, 2:47 pm

haha you're the one that thought of it first! Razz

22Wii or not to wii Empty Re: Wii or not to wii 18th December 2009, 1:45 pm

Lizzie

Lizzie

yeah, but it is a step further into wierdness to be working out the logistics!!!!! Wii or not to wii Icon_tongue

23Wii or not to wii Empty Re: Wii or not to wii 21st December 2009, 7:15 pm

heehee

24Wii or not to wii Empty Re: Wii or not to wii 22nd December 2009, 12:20 pm

jmisgro

jmisgro

Do you have a game stop anywhere near you? I was surprised to find one in the building with ipercoop. If it is the same as in American you can buy used items. Most of our game stuff came form there!

Am I the only person to come to Italy and lose weight?

http://www.litlequeenrules.blogspot.com

25Wii or not to wii Empty Re: Wii or not to wii 22nd December 2009, 12:31 pm

ClareRoma

ClareRoma
Admin

Yes! lol i lost weight at the begining when i first got here and then i gained alot Sad

I have seen Gamestops in the malls! Very Happy

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum