Pink Italy: Expat Ladies Living in Italy
Welcome to Pink Italy!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to Pink Italy!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for expat women living in Italy, to swap ideas, make friends and seek advice!

You are not connected. Please login or register

looking for an elementary school in rome!

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

anna747

I will be in Rome for 6months this year and our two 8-year old twin daughters will need a school.

We will be there from early July to the middle of December so our stay will include the fall semester. We have been trying to locate a school for the kids and have had limited success.

We have some preliminary research into the international schools in Rome and are not really interested in that kind of school. Our ideal situation for a school (3rd grade) would be a public school or one that is taught in Italian and all of their classmates would also be learning Italian as a second language.

We’ve also done some research into public schools but have not been able to find any independent opinions regarding the general quality of education they offer.

If you can offer any help or advice on where we should look of whom we should talk to it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Lizzie

Lizzie

try http://www.romeschools.org/ for directory of English schools in Rome. Schools don't open until September. You could sign them up for summer school but it will be only play and no actual schooling.
You will probably have difficulty findig a place for them for only 1 semester, classes have a limited amount of places and they will want to fill them with childrten who will be there for a whole academic year.
Which area in Rome will you be in?

rebecca0110

I also would like to know about primary school options. After looking through the romeschool.org list, there's no way we can afford private school without financial aid -- which some schools don't offer at all. How accomodating are the public schools when dealing with Italian as a Second Language students? My husband and I will both be working so home school is not really an option for us.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum