Pink Italy: Expat Ladies Living in Italy
Welcome to Pink Italy!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to Pink Italy!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for expat women living in Italy, to swap ideas, make friends and seek advice!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Virgin active in Florence

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Virgin active in Florence Empty Virgin active in Florence 19th September 2009, 1:39 am

Ggnitaly84

Ggnitaly84

well i finally joined the gym after realizing that pasta and pizza almost every day does NOT do a body good, or at least mine! Sad. anywho .. I joined Virgin Active in Florence which is amazing.. a little on the pricey side ( alot actually ) but its my "luxury". 85 euros monthly or you can get a student one for cheaper but you have to come before 4pm. They are open until 11 pm on weekdays and sat/ sun as well. They have all the latest machines/ indoor pool/ outdoor pool/ sauna,.turkish bath, classes.
its def worth it if you love the gym, i still eat pasta/ pizza almost every day..oh well ! we do live in il "bel paese!"

http://ggnitaly84.blogspot.com/

2Virgin active in Florence Empty Re: Virgin active in Florence 19th September 2009, 11:27 am

ClareRoma

ClareRoma
Admin

Yes i noticed that when i moved here i gained so much weight Sad its so not good!

My gym's quite small but they know me by name and no one is usually there when i go early in the morning so im queen of the gym heehee

Would be nice though if they had a swimming pool! i would love to go swimming again but not sure if there are any swimming pools in Roma!

https://pinkitaly.forumotion.com

3Virgin active in Florence Empty Re: Virgin active in Florence 19th September 2009, 12:45 pm

I pay 65 a month, but would definitely pay more for new equipment and a pool! Jealous! I was quite depressed that my gym is considered the "VIP" gym of Verona and it was no better than a VERY basic 24 hour fitness (like the express ones-if you know what I am talking about)in the US. Come on! 4 exercise bikes? Rolling Eyes

4Virgin active in Florence Empty Re: Virgin active in Florence 19th September 2009, 12:50 pm

Ggnitaly84

Ggnitaly84

i know what you mean! I torued so many gyms in Florence and it was crazy how much they wanted for the crap machines and sad equipment . Not to mention most of them smelled! My boyfriend took me to Virgin and i said.. to live in italy happily i must come here! lol.. so yes its a chunk of change but noone stares at me .. everything clean, they have a tanning bed too! you can easily spend 3-4 hours there.. and they have a cafe Smile. go on the internet and print out a free pass just to check it out when u are in rome/ florence next, its fun even for the day , people pay 25 euros for a "day pass" to lounge at the pool outside or whathaveyou..

speaking of that.. i must go work out.. Razz

http://ggnitaly84.blogspot.com/

5Virgin active in Florence Empty Re: Virgin active in Florence 21st September 2009, 9:47 am

Lizzie

Lizzie

Clare
There are indoor swimming pools in Rome, it's no good me giving u names coz the ones I know are too far away...but they are alsways pricey...no leisure pass prices in Italy. If we want to go as a family we have to pay practically a day's wage...oh this sounds like it should be in the moaning forum! does any comment about Italy come without a gripe?!!! Rolling Eyes

6Virgin active in Florence Empty Re: Virgin active in Florence 21st September 2009, 10:44 am

ClareRoma

ClareRoma
Admin

Heeehheeee i hasnt seen any pools so far and my BF says they dont exist! Shocked he said we have the seaside for that.

I think he just said it so i wont want to go to swimming pools lol he likes to say things dont exist so i wont make him to them to loool

https://pinkitaly.forumotion.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum