Pink Italy: Expat Ladies Living in Italy
Welcome to Pink Italy!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to Pink Italy!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for expat women living in Italy, to swap ideas, make friends and seek advice!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ciao! Marina here from Rome :-)

+3
ClareRoma
piccolina
rinaz
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Ciao! Marina here from Rome :-) Empty Ciao! Marina here from Rome :-) 14th May 2010, 3:33 pm

rinaz

rinaz

Hello ladies,

I thought that I'd just drop a message here after reading a couple of the posts here and registering just a few seconds ago. I was brought here through a link from a blog/ that I read and she's a member here too!

In any case, my name is Marina. I'm a Singaporean and I happened to meet an Italian by chance. By some mysterious reasons, we fell in love. After an arduous and lengthy 4 years, long distance relationship we finally got married in a traditional Malay wedding and two weeks after that, I migrated here in Rome.

The first few months was agony. Not knowing the language, the culture, having no friends here, plus the cold dreary winter made me extremely home sick and quite depressed. Being in a different environment, I was not feeling very confident. Like one of the ladies said in another thread, I was too afraid to answer the door or the phone too!

But after a year, soldiering on, slowly learning the language, getting used to the life here, I'm appreciating life here more. I've still lots to improve on, but I look forward to the thoughts that things can only get better now Smile

Anyway, I look forward to meeting you ladies, be it virtual or real life!

Piacere!

Last edited by rinaz on 14th May 2010, 3:38 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Because I can)

http://rinaz.net

2Ciao! Marina here from Rome :-) Empty Re: Ciao! Marina here from Rome :-) 14th May 2010, 7:55 pm

piccolina

Welcome Marina! By coincidence I love your name and that's what we almmost called our daughter.

Anyway I'm sorta from your neck of the woods - Australia. Hope things improve as things get warmer.

3Ciao! Marina here from Rome :-) Empty Re: Ciao! Marina here from Rome :-) 14th May 2010, 8:36 pm

ClareRoma

ClareRoma
Admin

Hello Marina

It was my blog which lead you here!! you are very welcome Very Happy we have lunch meet ups from time to time in the week plus we are trying for a weekend meet up when the weather decides to stop being rainy!!

Im so happy you came to the forum! cheers

https://pinkitaly.forumotion.com

4Ciao! Marina here from Rome :-) Empty Re: Ciao! Marina here from Rome :-) 15th May 2010, 12:12 pm

becca

becca

hi and welkom.

normaly the weather ad this time of year suppose to be good,but this year its really bad.

its alway difficult to find you'r place in a new country.
am happy yo are feeling much better now.
hope we meet one day.ad one of the meetings ore just like this

rebecca

5Ciao! Marina here from Rome :-) Empty Re: Ciao! Marina here from Rome :-) 15th May 2010, 6:41 pm

Lizzie

Lizzie

welcome Marina, hope to meet u soon!!!!

6Ciao! Marina here from Rome :-) Empty Re: Ciao! Marina here from Rome :-) 16th May 2010, 6:14 am

cxtine

cxtine

Hi Marina,

Hey, I am originally from HK, half chinese half english. We will be moving to Milano over the summer. I don't know what to expect. I guess I'm luckier because I have a 15 year old daughter so through her school I will be able to meet other ladies. I also looked around to find forums and foreigners clubs in Milano and Italy. That's how I found this wonderful site. Only problem is that so far, everyone who has replied lives in Rome !!!! Where is everyone else ??

Keep in touch and keep posting. ( Do you speak Cantonese by any chance because I do. )

7Ciao! Marina here from Rome :-) Empty Re: Ciao! Marina here from Rome :-) 16th May 2010, 9:25 am

rinaz

rinaz

Wow, thanks for the welcome ladies! It sure warms up the lousy rainy days that we are having lately sunny

Piccolina : Yes, its been raining cats and dogs these past few days. What's up with that? Which part of Australia are you from by the way? I've always wanted to visit there.

ClareRoma : Yeaaah! I meet the blogmeister herself :-) And yes, the weather has been really dreadful. It went all the way down to 13 degrees celcius last night. Has winter come back instead of Spring?

Rebecca : That would be lovely. Looking forward to it cat

Lizzie : Yes! Hope to see you too albino

Cxtine : Thats interesting that you mentioned that because I'm pretty sure that there is a international expatriate group in Milan. Maybe a start could be reading through the regional blogs through this blog directory here? Thats how I stumbled upon Clare's blog and stumbled upon here Razz

I dont speak Cantonese though. I speak Malay and just a smattering of Mandarin and just a little bit of Italian cheers

8Ciao! Marina here from Rome :-) Empty Re: Ciao! Marina here from Rome :-) 16th May 2010, 1:01 pm

becca

becca

good afthernoon,

where in rome do you live??

and mine god wat a afwul sunday he!!!!

hope you got a better sunday then me

9Ciao! Marina here from Rome :-) Empty Re: Ciao! Marina here from Rome :-) 17th May 2010, 12:12 pm

prillo67

Hello Marina, and welcome to the forum and to Rome!!

Hope to meet you soon at one of the upcoming meetings.

In the meantime I should stop being lazy and upload of picture of myself... Very Happy

10Ciao! Marina here from Rome :-) Empty Re: Ciao! Marina here from Rome :-) 23rd May 2010, 7:03 am

rinaz

rinaz

Hi Becca,

I live in the Torino area, very near Eur. What about you?

And yes, the weather has been horrid for the past week. So much so that I've been sick since then. With runny nose and an itchy throat and non stop coughing. Hooray Evil or Very Mad

Hi Prillo,

Looking forward to seeing that pic! Very Happy

11Ciao! Marina here from Rome :-) Empty Re: Ciao! Marina here from Rome :-) 23rd May 2010, 2:57 pm

Lizzie

Lizzie

rinaz wrote:Hi Becca,

I live in the Torino area, very near Eur. What about you?

And yes, the weather has been horrid for the past week. So much so that I've been sick since then. With runny nose and an itchy throat and non stop coughing. Hooray Evil or Very Mad

Hi Prillo,

Looking forward to seeing that pic! Very Happy

oh, my parents-in-law are in Mostacciano, which is next to Torino. We go there most Sundays for lunch. whereabouts in Torino are you?

12Ciao! Marina here from Rome :-) Empty Re: Ciao! Marina here from Rome :-) 26th May 2010, 12:08 pm

rinaz

rinaz

Lizzie wrote:
oh, my parents-in-law are in Mostacciano, which is next to Torino. We go there most Sundays for lunch. whereabouts in Torino are you?

I live very near to Via Camillo Sabatini. That doesnt seem too far away from your in laws What a Face

13Ciao! Marina here from Rome :-) Empty Re: Ciao! Marina here from Rome :-) 26th May 2010, 1:28 pm

Lizzie

Lizzie

rinaz wrote:
Lizzie wrote:

I live very near to Via Camillo Sabatini. That doesnt seem too far away from your in laws What a Face
I just checked, it is 2km away! Very Happy

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum