Pink Italy: Expat Ladies Living in Italy
Welcome to Pink Italy!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to Pink Italy!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for expat women living in Italy, to swap ideas, make friends and seek advice!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Gym- joined last week

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Gym- joined last week Empty Gym- joined last week 13th September 2009, 5:17 pm

bumblebee

Well I joined the gym last week, not really been very much for the past 7 years since having children so thought now they are both at school, time to sort me out. Well I have discovered a little problem to all this exercise malarky, I come home and eat double the amount of calories I have just burned off, so how does that help?
The gym has also gone very high tech, have a little computer key with my "personal trainer on" have to pop this in each machine, so the big brother personal trainers know what you have done, other downside is the gym is like a giant fish bowl so the whole world sees my fat bum bouncing around, thank god for industrial strength lycra.
oh by the way I am eating a bowl of icecream whilst typing this so I better go back to the gym tommorrow, ah ha ha Rolling Eyes

2Gym- joined last week Empty Re: Gym- joined last week 13th September 2009, 5:25 pm

ClareRoma

ClareRoma
Admin

Heeheee!! i do that! with chocolate biscuits but im really trying to be good now.

I am convincing myself if i have riced and veggies or salad stuff for lunches than i can have nicer stuff for dinner Razz

Plus my partner doesnt eat alot of meat and im not having as much energy as i used to so im going to try meat and rice for lunch now instead! Very Happy

Im lucky my gym is very small and i get there for 10am so theres no one there but me the receptionist and cleaner. But i have been in a gym like you described best thing to do is plug yourself into an ipod or tv if they have them on the machines and pretend that everyones else whos in there isnt there! lool

https://pinkitaly.forumotion.com

3Gym- joined last week Empty Gym not so bad 13th September 2009, 6:11 pm

bumblebee

Well I dont feel too bad, you know that feeling, when you panic you will look crap on the beach in your bikini and expect everyone else to have a perfect bod, but when you get there its not that bad as there are as many people bigger than you as are smaller. Well its like that, there are a few women with hot bods (aspirational) a few like me (a couple extra pounds and a bit of toning required), and then a few of the (bubblies) a few more extra pounds and a lot more toning. So being in the middle just nicely average suits me, everyone either is looking at the hotties or bubblies and not me Smile

4Gym- joined last week Empty Re: Gym- joined last week 13th September 2009, 6:40 pm

Speaking of "hot bods" do all the other women at your gym "workout" with full makeup and the tiniest shorts you have ever seen in your life? I swear I am the only one who sweats in that place confused

5Gym- joined last week Empty GYM BUNNIES 13th September 2009, 6:57 pm

bumblebee

Oh yes to the make up, and whats with the communal showers

6Gym- joined last week Empty Re: Gym- joined last week 13th September 2009, 6:59 pm

Yeah-the showers... I just go home and take a shower, but I get lots of dirty looks. I think I am the only one who doesn't partake in the group bathing and primping. Thank gosh I live around the corner Shocked

7Gym- joined last week Empty gym showers 13th September 2009, 7:06 pm

bumblebee

its too much detail some days I just dont want or need to see a blue string, you know what I mean Wink

8Gym- joined last week Empty Re: Gym- joined last week 13th September 2009, 7:15 pm

lol yeah...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum