Pink Italy: Expat Ladies Living in Italy
Welcome to Pink Italy!
Pink Italy: Expat Ladies Living in Italy

A forum for expat women living in Italy, to swap ideas, make friends and seek advice!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Lidl supermarket

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Lidl supermarket on 13th September 2009, 3:36 pm

Lidl supermarkets have english and american foods as well as the normal italian foods and they are dotted about here and there.

http://www.lidl.it/it/home.nsf/pages/i.home

View user profile http://pinkitaly.forumotion.com

2 Re: Lidl supermarket on 13th September 2009, 5:05 pm

Lidl can be great, but it's so hit and miss here! Crying or Very sad

I found the locations in Ireland stocked a lot more "ethnic" type foods and a better selection of cheeses/deli meats (here it just seems to be a lot of cheap brands of Italian cheeses). Boh.

They aren't consistant in their offerings, especially for ethnic/non-Italian foods (though British baked beans are almost always stocked, yay!). However they do have "theme" weeks. A month or so ago they had "American week" & I stocked up on cranberry juice and pancake mix, and last week it was "south Asia" so I snagged some Thai sauce etc. (though ultimately Chinese markets are the best place to get that kind of thing... and even stuff like canned milk and peanut butter!).

I propose that if one of us notices something great at Lidl aside from their normal stock, letting readers of this board know. Of course it wont be 100% accurate, since I believe different locations sometimes stock different things, but I'll take any heads up I can!

View user profile

3 Re: Lidl supermarket on 13th September 2009, 6:49 pm

I like Lidl but only shop there during American week. Good selection during that week but canned hotdogs? that freaks me out. The bagels were good though.

4 Re: Lidl supermarket on 19th September 2009, 9:29 pm

my lidl does not do baked beans No

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum