Pink Italy: Expat Ladies Living in Italy
Welcome to Pink Italy!
Pink Italy: Expat Ladies Living in Italy

A forum for expat women living in Italy, to swap ideas, make friends and seek advice!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Lidl supermarket

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Lidl supermarket on 13th September 2009, 3:36 pm

Lidl supermarkets have english and american foods as well as the normal italian foods and they are dotted about here and there.

http://www.lidl.it/it/home.nsf/pages/i.home

View user profile http://pinkitaly.forumotion.com

2 Re: Lidl supermarket on 13th September 2009, 5:05 pm

Lidl can be great, but it's so hit and miss here! Crying or Very sad

I found the locations in Ireland stocked a lot more "ethnic" type foods and a better selection of cheeses/deli meats (here it just seems to be a lot of cheap brands of Italian cheeses). Boh.

They aren't consistant in their offerings, especially for ethnic/non-Italian foods (though British baked beans are almost always stocked, yay!). However they do have "theme" weeks. A month or so ago they had "American week" & I stocked up on cranberry juice and pancake mix, and last week it was "south Asia" so I snagged some Thai sauce etc. (though ultimately Chinese markets are the best place to get that kind of thing... and even stuff like canned milk and peanut butter!).

I propose that if one of us notices something great at Lidl aside from their normal stock, letting readers of this board know. Of course it wont be 100% accurate, since I believe different locations sometimes stock different things, but I'll take any heads up I can!

View user profile

3 Re: Lidl supermarket on 13th September 2009, 6:49 pm

I like Lidl but only shop there during American week. Good selection during that week but canned hotdogs? that freaks me out. The bagels were good though.

4 Re: Lidl supermarket on 19th September 2009, 9:29 pm

my lidl does not do baked beans No

View user profile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum