Pink Italy: Expat Ladies Living in Italy
Welcome to Pink Italy!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to Pink Italy!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for expat women living in Italy, to swap ideas, make friends and seek advice!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Mixed Berry Cobbler

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Mixed Berry Cobbler Empty Mixed Berry Cobbler 11th January 2010, 4:24 pm

ClareRoma

ClareRoma
Admin

Try Something Berry Delicious!

I like to make this cobbler with individual little ramekins when company's coming over. I prepare everything in advance, including the crumble that goes on top, then put them aside (someplace cool!) until we sit down to eat. Then I pop them in the oven for a half hour. By the time we're ready to have dessert, the cobblers are warm and golden brown (and, my girls say, begging for a bit of vanilla low-fat frozen yogurt on top!). I use a bag of frozen mixed berries, but you can adapt this to any berry-ation you like!

Mixed Berry Cobbler

Ingredients

2 tablespoons whole-grain pastry flour
1 tablespoon dark brown sugar
1 tablespoon cold unsalted butter
1 package (12 ounces) frozen mixed berries
2 tablespoons granulated sugar
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice

Preparation

Preheat the over to 375°F. Place six 4-ounce ramekins or custard cups in a baking pan.

Whisk the flour and brown sugar in a small bowl. Cut the butter into small pieces, add to the bowl, and rub with your fingers until the mixture is crumbly.

In a medium bowl, combine the berries, granulated sugar, cornstarch, and lemon juice. Toss to mix. Spoon a half cup of the berry mixture into each ramekin. Sprinkle each with a half tablespoon of the crumbly dough.

Bake until the topping is golden and the berries are bubbly, about 30 minutes.

Makes 6 cobblers

Per cobbler: 83 calories, 16 g carbohydrates, 1 g protein, 2 g total fat, 5 mg cholesterol, 3 g dietary fiber, 1 mg sodium

https://pinkitaly.forumotion.com

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum