Pink Italy: Expat Ladies Living in Italy
Welcome to Pink Italy!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to Pink Italy!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for expat women living in Italy, to swap ideas, make friends and seek advice!

You are not connected. Please login or register

New Years' resolutions anyone?

+4
becca
ClareRoma
Ggnitaly84
Lizzie
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1New Years' resolutions anyone? Empty New Years' resolutions anyone? 2nd January 2010, 12:37 am

Lizzie

Lizzie

Mine is to get my driving license.... New Years' resolutions anyone? Affraid

2New Years' resolutions anyone? Empty Re: New Years' resolutions anyone? 2nd January 2010, 11:40 am

If I was still in Italy that would have been my resolution too. But I get to exchange in Belgium so it's one thing off the to do list. I would say learning French is my biggest resolution this year, and losing weight (again).

3New Years' resolutions anyone? Empty Re: New Years' resolutions anyone? 2nd January 2010, 12:07 pm

Lizzie

Lizzie

ma oui Jessica..........

You are gorgeous as you are, don't think about loosing wieght, you will prob just put it on! Stop eating crap and when you start getting out and about the weight will fall off on it's own. New Years' resolutions anyone? Icon_lol
So glad things are working out for you! New Years' resolutions anyone? Icon_cheers

4New Years' resolutions anyone? Empty Re: New Years' resolutions anyone? 3rd January 2010, 1:24 am

Ggnitaly84

Ggnitaly84

drivers license.. good idea..You get 1 year after your a resident know! woo hoo! im putting that off!

mine is to work harder... no more stressing about visa woes/ and less computer! lol Shocked

http://ggnitaly84.blogspot.com/

5New Years' resolutions anyone? Empty Re: New Years' resolutions anyone? 3rd January 2010, 2:15 pm

ClareRoma

ClareRoma
Admin

Learn more italian, visit more places in rome, visit Jess in Belgium!, have a baby. These are my new years resolutions rofl Razz

https://pinkitaly.forumotion.com

6New Years' resolutions anyone? Empty Re: New Years' resolutions anyone? 3rd January 2010, 5:20 pm

Lizzie

Lizzie

ClareRoma wrote:Learn more italian, visit more places in rome, visit Jess in Belgium!, have a baby. These are my new years resolutions rofl New Years' resolutions anyone? Icon_razz

wow, that's alot to fit into a year...good luck!!! New Years' resolutions anyone? Lol

7New Years' resolutions anyone? Empty Re: New Years' resolutions anyone? 3rd January 2010, 10:19 pm

becca

becca

wel,am already busy to lose mine weight.am already on a diet
and now do mine pilatis dvd every day for 10min.

8New Years' resolutions anyone? Empty Re: New Years' resolutions anyone? 4th January 2010, 9:11 pm

lmarmstrong66

lmarmstrong66

I am a bit of an Oprah fan and wanted to post this little tidbit I read about because I thought it was a cool idea. It's called futureme.org
You can post-date an email to your future self : )

As for resolutions...where do I start? I need to get my butt back into Italian language school, I want to buy a Wii fitness board to get my butt back to a wee size, oh the list is just too daunting to go on.

Anyways, I always get a bit down on my birthday because I am usually alone so I futureorg emailed myself for that date to remind myself of how lucky I am just in case I feel like crap...hope it works!

http://www.lmarmstrong66.wordpress.com

9New Years' resolutions anyone? Empty Re: New Years' resolutions anyone? 5th January 2010, 12:22 am

piccolina

I want to spend less time on the net. Crazy I know! Smile

10New Years' resolutions anyone? Empty Bit late, but better late than never! 8th January 2010, 10:01 am

peta

peta

Hi Lizzie

What's the go with the Drivers License? I'm still on my international drivers license so does it work that if we stay here I'll have to do an Italian driving test or can I just renew my International one?? Would be good to know.

Re NY's resolutions:

- Get serious about learning Italian
- Sort our all our Visa issues (that of course means relying on Patronato's and working with Prefettura's, etc, etc, etc) but I'm hopeful!
- and one that I always try to achieve -

Make every effort to have more fun and make this year better than the last! cheers

Ciao
Peta

11New Years' resolutions anyone? Empty Re: New Years' resolutions anyone? 8th January 2010, 11:50 am

Lizzie

Lizzie

[quote="peta"]Hi Lizzie

What's the go with the Drivers License? I'm still on my international drivers license so does it work that if we stay here I'll have to do an Italian driving test or can I just renew my International one?? Would be good to know.

I don't know much about it...I reckon Jessica or Georgette would know.........
I don't have a licence so I will be starting from scratch anyway.

(I need to improve my Italian as well, if I didn't spend so much time playing on the net I probably would be fluent by now hee hee)

12New Years' resolutions anyone? Empty Re: New Years' resolutions anyone? 8th January 2010, 12:36 pm

ClareRoma

ClareRoma
Admin

If your orginal country is in the EU then u can drive here, but if its not then you have to do the italian driving test and learning to drive again here! Thats what i have heard anyway.

13New Years' resolutions anyone? Empty Re: New Years' resolutions anyone? 8th January 2010, 1:17 pm

lmarmstrong66

lmarmstrong66

I've researched this a bit and this is what I learned.
(I'm Canadian but this also goes for Americans too, not sure about other countries though.)

After 1 year of Italian residency you must take the Italian drivers test (you can write it in English so don't worry about the language issue). Right now I am still waiting for my Permesso so I figure I have a while before I count the 1 year mark on the residency status...which I cannot even apply for until I get my Permesso.

I have been renewing my Canadian license and every year with CAA (Canadian Automobile Assoc.) I renew my International permit for $15.00.

I have been living here since September 2008...and so far no one has stopped me on the road. I drive a bit but not every day.
Hope this helps...I read this info on a website called expat talk.
http://expattalk.com/groupee/forums/a/frm/f/8580080744
http://expattalk.com/groupee/forums/a/tpc/f/8580080744/m/673109681

Leah

14New Years' resolutions anyone? Empty Re: New Years' resolutions anyone? 9th January 2010, 7:11 pm

rkabruzzo

rkabruzzo

lmarmstrong66 wrote:I am a bit of an Oprah fan and wanted to post this little tidbit I read about because I thought it was a cool idea. It's called futureme.org
You can post-date an email to your future self : )

As for resolutions...where do I start? I need to get my butt back into Italian language school, I want to buy a Wii fitness board to get my butt back to a wee size, oh the list is just too daunting to go on.

Anyways, I always get a bit down on my birthday because I am usually alone so I futureorg emailed myself for that date to remind myself of how lucky I am just in case I feel like crap...hope it works!

that sounds awesome! thanks for sharing the futureme thing.

regarding wii - i got the wii fit board and the disc it comes with. it is fun, but i would not recommend it much for actually getting into shape. it's too hard to use. pull out the board, choose one exercise, push A LOT of buttons to get through the beginning, the end, the suggestions, etc. Then, when you want to move on to the next exercise, you have to go back and choose it... you cannot program anything like a 30 minute workout... i find it tedious. I have read online that the WII PERSONAL TRAINER disc is MUCH better, but I have not so far found it here in Italy.

I love LOVE my dvds i got from the US and i got a dvd player that was able to be code-cracked so it plays dvds from anywhere. My favourite workout is Crunch Burn and Firm Pilates with Ellen Barrett. I find her to be so unpretentious and friendly and easy to follow... she is like my workout friend and i don't even know her Smile

Her other Pick your spot Pilates DVD is great too. Crunch makes a lot of good ones.

My New year resolutions are:

WORKOUT at least twice a week (i have never done this in all my life!)
Get outdoors for walks more often
Move to a new house
Be more grateful and respectful
Put the past aside
Love like I've never been hurt
Figure out a budget and stick to it
Read more books

15New Years' resolutions anyone? Empty Re: New Years' resolutions anyone? 9th January 2010, 7:40 pm

rkabruzzo

rkabruzzo

yes, for those of us coming from the Americas, we have to do the whole course on learning to drive, which turns out is all about the signs (at least for US). While in the US you are required to remember the meaning of about 10 street signs, here there are like 50. Each sign has a different meaning and they test you on the most useless signs, so you really have to know them!

it's expensive, too! i think doing it in italian is good for your language skills if you can do it.

lmarmstrong66 wrote:I've researched this a bit and this is what I learned.
(I'm Canadian but this also goes for Americans too, not sure about other countries though.)

After 1 year of Italian residency you must take the Italian drivers test (you can write it in English so don't worry about the language issue). Right now I am still waiting for my Permesso so I figure I have a while before I count the 1 year mark on the residency status...which I cannot even apply for until I get my Permesso.

I have been renewing my Canadian license and every year with CAA (Canadian Automobile Assoc.) I renew my International permit for $15.00.

I have been living here since September 2008...and so far no one has stopped me on the road. I drive a bit but not every day.
Hope this helps...I read this info on a website called expat talk.
http://expattalk.com/groupee/forums/a/frm/f/8580080744
http://expattalk.com/groupee/forums/a/tpc/f/8580080744/m/673109681

Leah

16New Years' resolutions anyone? Empty Re: New Years' resolutions anyone? 9th January 2010, 10:47 pm

ClareRoma

ClareRoma
Admin

If you get the wii fit plus u can put in a list of the exercises you want to do then it takes you through the list. I have just bought my body coach which comes with wii weights it looks really good i will let you know how it goes! Very Happy

17New Years' resolutions anyone? Empty Re: New Years' resolutions anyone? 9th January 2010, 11:18 pm

lmarmstrong66

lmarmstrong66

I don't know much about the driving school part of it but I had heard that it was also part of the deal. I've already driven down a one way street which was for buses only...that explained why everyone was turning right over the bridge except me! Luckily they didn't "take a photo and mail Mama (her car) a ticket"

I plan to shave my legs, get a tan and wear a mini shirt when I need to do the driving test, haha Rolling Eyes

18New Years' resolutions anyone? Empty Re: New Years' resolutions anyone? 10th January 2010, 12:58 am

rkabruzzo

rkabruzzo

ClareRoma wrote:If you get the wii fit plus u can put in a list of the exercises you want to do then it takes you through the list. I have just bought my body coach which comes with wii weights it looks really good i will let you know how it goes! Very Happy

cool i'll have to try that. let us know!

19New Years' resolutions anyone? Empty Re: New Years' resolutions anyone? 10th January 2010, 1:01 am

rkabruzzo

rkabruzzo

ClareRoma wrote:Learn more italian, visit more places in rome, visit Jess in Belgium!, have a baby. These are my new years resolutions rofl Razz

oh, are you sure you want to resolve to have a baby? as precious as they are... i hope you know what you're getting yourself into!!! lol! of course, whenever you are going to have a baby, we'll all be here for you with mom encouragement Wink

20New Years' resolutions anyone? Empty Re: New Years' resolutions anyone? 10th January 2010, 1:32 am

ClareRoma

ClareRoma
Admin

Thanks lol

Razz yup i want a baby im jelous of everyone getting puked over and the late nights of baby crying lol! but honestly i just feel like its the right time and from conversation i feel my BF is starting to think the same way so maybe after the summer we can think about trying for one cheers

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum