Pink Italy: Expat Ladies Living in Italy
Welcome to Pink Italy!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to Pink Italy!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for expat women living in Italy, to swap ideas, make friends and seek advice!

You are not connected. Please login or register

An Italian take on the Great British Fry-Up

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1An Italian take on the Great British Fry-Up Empty An Italian take on the Great British Fry-Up 15th November 2009, 4:27 pm

Katja

Katja

You will need:

pancetta dolce
funghi (I used wild ones from the market)
pomodoro (big ones)
pane (I like integrale, but whatever you want, really)
cannellini beans (tinned)
passata
butter
salt
pepper
basil (dried or fresh)
marmellata di arance (optional)

Cut the tomatoes in half and sprinkle liberally with salt and basil, and a little grinding of black pepper.

Drain and rinse the cannellini beans. Pour into a saucepan and cover with passata - enough to coat the beans without too much extra. Season with plenty of salt and a bit of pepper. Leave to marinade.

While the beans are marinading, heat some olive oil in a frying pan and drop in the pancetta. When cooked, lift out with a slotted spoon and keep warm.

Add the mushrooms to the frying pan, grind over some salt and black pepper, and fry for a minute or so until they have absorbed the oil and start releasing it again. Keep turning them periodically, to make sure they are evenly browned.

Add the tomatoes, cut side down, to the pan. When they have browned on the bottom, turn them over.

Put the beans on the hob and add a knob of butter to the pan. Heat gently until warmed through, and the butter melts.

Remove the mushrooms and tomatoes from the frying pan and keep warm. Add a little more olive oil to the pan and get it really hot. Drop the sliced bread into the pan and fry quickly on both sides.

Plate up and eat! Add marmellata di arance to the fried bread if you want - I love it, as the acidity of the orange cuts through the oil and makes me feel a bit healthier.

I'm afraid I drink Twinings Earl Grey with this. That's one thing I'm not prepared to compromise on. Wink

http://katebailward.com/drivinglikeamaniac

Lizzie

Lizzie

Do u find the Twinings Tbags the same qualtiy here as in the UK? I ttried buying their English Breakfast tea but I found it was awful. I don't think it is the water as my sister gets PGTips for me sometimes and that is fine!

Katja

Katja

Ooh, interesting. I've found the Earl Grey fine, taste-wise, but the water is VILE, you're right. There's constantly a layer of scum on everything. Blee.

http://katebailward.com/drivinglikeamaniac

ClareRoma

ClareRoma
Admin

That breakfast sounds quite nice will have to try it!! Very Happy

https://pinkitaly.forumotion.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum