Pink Italy: Expat Ladies Living in Italy
Welcome to Pink Italy!
Pink Italy: Expat Ladies Living in Italy

A forum for expat women living in Italy, to swap ideas, make friends and seek advice!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Lizzie's 'NON blog' blog

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

26 Sorry to hear that! on 14th December 2009, 11:09 am

Whoa, if it doesn't rain it pours eh? Hope everything will get better for you soon. Regarding the red wine thing... maybe check the bottle label to see if it contains sulphites. Commercial bottlers use it to clean the bottles and also to help preserve the product. Maybe it is an allergy to sulphites? Just a thought. In the meantime I will raise a glass to your speedy recovery Smile

View user profile

27 Re: Lizzie's 'NON blog' blog on 14th December 2009, 11:14 am

Thanks Jojo for your sympathy! I am loads better today (although I have kept Daniel off school today as his tummy still hurts) I will check out your idea. I remember I used to have problems with eating dried fruit because of the preservatives in them...maybe there is a connection? The rubbish they put in things these days...it's scary! We have a thread all about that...but centred around cosmetics creams etc.

View user profile

28 Re: Lizzie's 'NON blog' blog on 14th December 2009, 1:40 pm

That's really strange about the hives. I suspect that I am allergic to certain reds too. Sometimes after drinking I will get hives on hands (luckily not ALL over my body). The only thing that I can think of it being is wine, but I am usually eating at the same time too. Who knows. I hope you get better soon!

29 Re: Lizzie's 'NON blog' blog on 14th December 2009, 3:22 pm

If only I could isolate the cause. But if u get hives too maybe it is an additive i the wine..................... Prob is that it really throws my system out and takes weeks for me to get back to normal. At least I should be 'normal' for Xmas.
Incidently Jess where are u for Xmas, I am assuming Belgium??

View user profile

30 Re: Lizzie's 'NON blog' blog on 15th December 2009, 12:10 pm

Daniel, as of yesterday afternoon: temperature and throat infection...anti biotics........uggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhh it's never gonna end!

View user profile

31 Re: Lizzie's 'NON blog' blog on 15th December 2009, 8:54 pm

Boo! I hope he gets better soon Sad Yeah xmas will be in Belgium the suoceri aren't thrilled but we are tight on money. Plus we will probably have to drive down around the beginning of the year to get our crap from verona and the chinzillas (if they survive the MIL looking after them!)

32 Re: Lizzie's 'NON blog' blog on 16th December 2009, 11:36 am

Things are looking better here, although no chance of sorting Xmas presents out with daniel on the prowl!
Xmas in Beligium will be an interesting experience. I wonder what chincillas taste like?????

View user profile

33 Re: Lizzie's 'NON blog' blog on 16th December 2009, 12:34 pm

bony and fuzzy? haha

34 Re: Lizzie's 'NON blog' blog on 2nd January 2010, 12:40 am

So more sickness...haven't been out of the house since Xmas day....fully occupied administering anyi-biotics, cortisone, aerosol and paracetemol........oh joy! the fun never ends!
Happy New Year...............

View user profile

35 Re: Lizzie's 'NON blog' blog on 4th February 2010, 7:26 pm

more vomit VOMIT VOMIT VOMIT!!!!

but i don't care coz I joined the gym and am going to look like a goddess on the beach this summer. (although my inner thighs are killing and i was actually limping on the way to school to get Matteo this afternoon). My new gym is a world of it's own. The owners are really sweet and seem to know everything about everyone. So when someone walks in you get the low down. makes me laugh! (remind me to keep my mouth shut though...) I was told that the famous singer, who is a recent new member, was in the changing room. I think I was expected to rush in and take a photo of her, or ask for her autograph, the poor unexpecting woman who is just trying to wriggle into her shorts and get a work out in peace. oh the paparazzi are everywhere!
G is doing his annual threat ... says he's going to jack in his job , and we can move back to the UK. OH yeah!!!!!!!!!!!! cheers but I know it is all talk and never going to happen really! Anyway I wouldn't wanna to leave my gym.

View user profile

36 Re: Lizzie's 'NON blog' blog on 8th February 2010, 4:53 pm

been to the gym 5 times in the last week...am feeling very virtuous. then i got on the scales and realised i've put on 3 kilos since xmas...oh well, got a bit of work to do..... Evil or Very Mad

View user profile

37 Re: Lizzie's 'NON blog' blog on 9th February 2010, 1:14 am

Remember you gain weight if you build some muscles up so it might not be bad weight if you know what i mean Smile

View user profile http://pinkitaly.forumotion.com

38 Re: Lizzie's 'NON blog' blog on 9th February 2010, 1:07 pm

nice idea but the weight gain was before i started the gym. u r right in a sense though, that i need to make sure my measurements go down rather than the scales...will be putting on muscle mass!

View user profile

39 Re: Lizzie's 'NON blog' blog on 2nd March 2010, 5:09 pm

back on line....bought a new pc today. broke but happy! Smile

View user profile

40 Re: Lizzie's 'NON blog' blog on 5th March 2010, 4:55 pm

woohoo liz! i need a new laptop.. and its going to break the bank after italian taxes are done with me! LOL They are raping my wallet and I don't even have my permesso yet! I am so hoping my job allows me to go to rome in april or may, I am dying to do a mini meet-up and meet the girls (besides lovely claire) that I rant to on a weekly basis..

View user profile http://ggnitaly84.blogspot.com/

41 Re: Lizzie's 'NON blog' blog on 6th March 2010, 7:06 pm

i am relatively happy with my laptop but need the help of my techie friends coz this pc has windows vista, where as i hear i should have windows 7 instead... and i haven't installed anything so i can't work properly...patience.

We are really looking forward to u coming down, let's hope u really do make it! Smile

View user profile

42 Re: Lizzie's 'NON blog' blog on 14th March 2010, 11:39 am

exciting things that have happened to me lately:

I became an auntie again, my brother had a son on 27th feb. That is the 6th grandson for my parents!!!!

Not so good things:

Daniel tried to cut his own hair.

Giac covered the red leather sofa in black biro (but I have managed to get it off with hairspray!)

ohhhhhhhhhhh life is exciting! Razz

View user profile

43 Re: Lizzie's 'NON blog' blog on 23rd March 2010, 11:43 pm

i am drunk and i dont care hic!

View user profile

44 Re: Lizzie's 'NON blog' blog on 27th March 2010, 9:55 pm

omg lizzie, you make me laugh Very Happy

45 Re: Lizzie's 'NON blog' blog on 27th March 2010, 10:28 pm

Hey Jessica! Where have u been???? I miss you! When are u coming to Rome???? It feels like as soon as I met you I lost you! Sad Me and Claire are gradually getting to know one another, it is so sad that you are not here too. Crying or Very sad . The site is really taking off, I'm so glad Claire set it up!

I got a new pc but it gives me migraines, so now I am sitting in my sunglasses even though it is dark ouside, coz it is the only way I can go on-line. (Anyway Giuli look more handsome when I have my sunglasses on; (my beer glasses are even more effective!!!)

Currently I am doing searches on exercises for thighs! I am determined to look like a supermodel on the beach this summer. But it is pissing me off that I have spent 2 months at the gym and all my measurements have gone up. G says I look better, but he would, (he knows what's good or him!) so now it is project 'thigh busting'! I know I have to watch what I eat, but I do...I look at it all the time hee hee.

kisses Very Happy

oh and the latest tragedy is that we have o car because after some idiot put petrol instead of diesel the car is ca-put. We've already had it fixed twice, and this third time they are asking 700. Oh my life is one big tragedy................ this is why I have to turn to drink....... hic. Razz

View user profile

46 Re: Lizzie's 'NON blog' blog on 28th March 2010, 11:51 am

I have read that you gain some weight first as you make muscle then the muscle burns the calories!!! we are saved!! cheers

47 Re: Lizzie's 'NON blog' blog on 28th March 2010, 6:38 pm

ClareRoma wrote:I have read that you gain some weight first as you make muscle then the muscle burns the calories!!! we are saved!! cheers

I've read that too, but it doesn't explain why my thighs, hips and waist are an inch bigger... Sad it is very de-motivating!

View user profile

48 Re: Lizzie's 'NON blog' blog on 17th April 2010, 6:25 pm

just got internet back now...not had it since monday and have been going crazy fighting with 'Wind' in the end i had to buy a new modem but I dont think that was the problem, it is a long and boring story, but basically they don't seem to know their arse from their elbow!!!
had a nice time this week with Giuliano off work. went to the gym, went to the zoo, met some pink friends in the centre for lunch. but yesterday Daniel developed scarlet fever, and so that has put an end to any fun. and here they treat it like he has some very dangerous disease...talk about panic city! He is supposed to be going to the zoo on monday with his school but he can't go...and it is 19e down the drain.boooooooooooooooooooooo1
got all 3 at home, matteo was supposed to go to scouts, but said he wasn't feeling very well. I am going crazy..they are screaming like maniacs.... got to go and break up the fights! affraid

View user profile

49 Re: Lizzie's 'NON blog' blog on 18th April 2010, 9:27 pm

thank god Roma beat Lazio...my life is still worth living! Razz

View user profile

50 Re: Lizzie's 'NON blog' blog on 18th April 2010, 9:28 pm

Mine isnt! Alex had his friend over and there little disappointed faces are heart-breaking Sad

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum