Pink Italy: Expat Ladies Living in Italy
Welcome to Pink Italy!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to Pink Italy!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for expat women living in Italy, to swap ideas, make friends and seek advice!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Lizzie's 'NON blog' blog

5 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1Lizzie's 'NON blog' blog Empty Lizzie's 'NON blog' blog 7th November 2009, 12:31 pm

Lizzie

Lizzie

I don't have a blog, but in the spirit of this forum I am setting up a page for any experiences I want to write about. It will be a very dull thread ha ha!

2Lizzie's 'NON blog' blog Empty Re: Lizzie's 'NON blog' blog 7th November 2009, 12:32 pm

Lizzie

Lizzie

I 'm just copying this from Katja's thread, to keep things consistant! Lizzie's 'NON blog' blog Icon_biggrin
I would blog, only it would just be: I changed nappies, cleaned the house, took the kids to school, cleaned up the sick......................
I did however have your type of experiences when I first came here when I was 19. I remember me and my Danish friend in a diner at 4 in the morning in Piazza Baberini, with a load of carabinieri and prostitues...just chatting. The waiter got out a pistol but it was only a lighter. Then he got out a false hand which fell off. The bartender arranged to meet us the next day, but under natural light he was full of acne so we dumped him. We were staying in San Lorenzo, we were eating ice cream at midnight in the summer, one day a rat ran past in the gutter, and a prostitute crashed her motorino into the next table...So many stories, so many bizarre experiences...scary bits too. I remember seeing 'Nikita' when it first came out, French, dubbed into Italian (which I understood v. little of), it was an old cinema in a house, so tiny it had like 20 seats, and so uncomfortable. To this day it is still my favorite film ever!
Now I am have too many responsibilities to be irresponsible but boy did I have fun!

3Lizzie's 'NON blog' blog Empty Re: Lizzie's 'NON blog' blog 8th November 2009, 2:12 pm

Ggnitaly84

Ggnitaly84

lizzie, i would love to read YOUR blog if you had one hahah.. im sure you see crazy things every day and what i love most about blogs is each persons personal style of writing ... your hilarious so i would ef read it! nappies and all!

http://ggnitaly84.blogspot.com/

4Lizzie's 'NON blog' blog Empty Re: Lizzie's 'NON blog' blog 8th November 2009, 2:23 pm

ClareRoma

ClareRoma
Admin

Lol it would give us a view off an english speaking mother living in italy and all your ups and downs Very Happy It would be cool!

https://pinkitaly.forumotion.com

5Lizzie's 'NON blog' blog Empty Re: Lizzie's 'NON blog' blog 8th November 2009, 3:36 pm

Lizzie

Lizzie

Well after those compliments/ encouragements Lizzie's 'NON blog' blog Icon_redface I will try and write up stuff if it happens, ...but I'll just do it here as I can't be bothered setting up an actual blog.

Big news for the day:
I got my hamsters, which we have aptly named Romulus and Remus. (sp?)
So we met Jessica and her husband Daniele..(who BTW are extremely nice). It seems so bizarre to be saying I have just acquired 2 dwarf hamsters from Verona....but life is a bit bizarre, esp. here in Italy! FYI Jessica, they are now happily ensconced in new cages (aka storage bins) and are going 100kph on their wheels which now, happily, fit inside their homes (with yet more sticky tape to stop them travelling around the cage). The boys are loving it. Giac (2yr old) hovers over watching them and throwing out instructions: 'go', 'stop it'...and strangely enough they seem to understand him (or else the nosie just makes them jump and put them off what they were doing!). There is gonna have to be a serious amount of hand washing going on in my house now! Lizzie's 'NON blog' blog Icon_lol

Thank you Jessica...we are well chuffed!

6Lizzie's 'NON blog' blog Empty Re: Lizzie's 'NON blog' blog 15th November 2009, 9:45 pm

Lizzie

Lizzie

Daniel would like to be a helicopter, Giacomo would like to be a pig., Matteo would like to be a black car with orange flames down the sides.

See how deep my life is!

7Lizzie's 'NON blog' blog Empty Re: Lizzie's 'NON blog' blog 16th November 2009, 12:46 pm

Oohh I love your non blog thread! I am so happy the boys and the hamsters (who are both boys, FATE) are working out. But with all that testosterone, human and hamster, you need to come out and have a girl's night. I am sure we can give you something to blog about Wink

8Lizzie's 'NON blog' blog Empty Re: Lizzie's 'NON blog' blog 16th November 2009, 1:38 pm

Lizzie

Lizzie

Cheers Jess!
Yeah there is far too much maleness in the house. I am well out numbered. And when they see me naked (the boys, not the hamsters) they are like 'what's that about ??' Talk about making a girl feel self concious! (I taught Matteo the word vagina, coz I hate patatina etc. but then he used to call it my 'giant' which was not what a girl wants to hear esp. after 3 kids by natural child birth! hee hee!) Lizzie's 'NON blog' blog Icon_twisted
The hamsters are doing well, I am trying to handle them to get them tame. Rhemus (the big one) is easier, Romulus just panics too much. Giacomo loves them, Daniel is less interested, Matteo, as you know, is very capable at handling them.
After our trip to the farm yesterday Giuliano wants a rabbit, but I am putting my foot down! No more living creatures in this house...the walls will explode! x

9Lizzie's 'NON blog' blog Empty Re: Lizzie's 'NON blog' blog 25th November 2009, 7:32 pm

Lizzie

Lizzie

We've all got the flu and feeling really poooooooo!

10Lizzie's 'NON blog' blog Empty Flu here too 25th November 2009, 9:18 pm

bumblebee

Hi Lizzie, we are all flu'd up here too, Grazia has`recovered, Giulio, I think is being a man about it and letting it drag on and milking it for all the sympathy he can get and I have started with a bad headache and the achy shakies. Get well soon honey, hope to see you soon.

Sharon
X

11Lizzie's 'NON blog' blog Empty Re: Lizzie's 'NON blog' blog 26th November 2009, 12:48 pm

Lizzie

Lizzie

I went to doctors to day and he said we have all had/have swine flu. OINK! OINK!
Don't know if he is right, he said it was too early for seasonal flu. but if he is right at lesat i don't have to worry anymore about whether or not to give them the vaccine...ormai it's too late!
Hope you all feel better soon, we are on the mend Smile
Ex

12Lizzie's 'NON blog' blog Empty Re: Lizzie's 'NON blog' blog 30th November 2009, 3:15 pm

Hey Lizzie! Hope you guys are feeling better Smile

13Lizzie's 'NON blog' blog Empty Re: Lizzie's 'NON blog' blog 30th November 2009, 3:53 pm

Lizzie

Lizzie

hey Jess, thought you'd disappeared! We are lots better thanks, kids are back to school, although Matteo still not 100%.
So what about you...how are things going with the search for a home? And how is being back in Rome going? I see u and Claire are having lots of fun (I am jealous!!!). Do u wish you could stay here? Is D enjoying his new job? TELL ME ALL!!!

(ps Matteo accidentally put Remo in with Romolo and an hour later we heard some wierd sounds and they were having a fight....mamma mia, it scared the c**p out of me!)

14Lizzie's 'NON blog' blog Empty Re: Lizzie's 'NON blog' blog 30th November 2009, 6:33 pm

I've been busy with school as I am nearing the end so my internet procrastination time has been halved lol. Daniele just started work today and really likes it. Apparently they have no set work hours, it's just "whenever" between 8am-9pm. They also gave him a mercedes to drive around in until we get our real (less expensive) company car. He found out that we will have to live in Belgium though because we have private health care that only works there and we have to be residences. But I get to swap my driver's license so I am really happy!! I am way jealous he is there and I am stuck here out in the boonies. I only see Claire maybe once a week and every time there is some kind of public transportation disaster that takes me 3 hours to get home and makes me swear I will never attempt to have fun in rome again...so yeah still hating it here and can't wait to get the hell out! tongue

15Lizzie's 'NON blog' blog Empty Re: Lizzie's 'NON blog' blog 30th November 2009, 9:16 pm

Lizzie

Lizzie

Well on the whole that all sounds positive, apart from the Roman problems which are temporary. It's a bugger that he has to drive a Mercedes...what a drag, bet you can't wait to get your new Fiat Panda,or is it a Kaa!?
Probably Belgium is better than France for efficiency etc. They are probably nicer attitude towards foreigner wise too, France has a reputation of being a bit hostile...but of course it may be just a vicious sterotype.
Maybe I'll make it into Rome one day before you go.

16Lizzie's 'NON blog' blog Empty Re: Lizzie's 'NON blog' blog 30th November 2009, 11:06 pm

ClareRoma

ClareRoma
Admin

Or we could come out and see you Lizzie if i can get Jess to brave more public transport Razz

17Lizzie's 'NON blog' blog Empty Re: Lizzie's 'NON blog' blog 1st December 2009, 2:58 pm

Lizzie

Lizzie

that sounds a cool idea.................cartainly is a trek though!

18Lizzie's 'NON blog' blog Empty Re: Lizzie's 'NON blog' blog 1st December 2009, 7:26 pm

my eye starting twitching as I read that Shocked, but I would face the horrible transportation system for lizzie Very Happy

19Lizzie's 'NON blog' blog Empty Re: Lizzie's 'NON blog' blog 3rd December 2009, 1:45 pm

Lizzie

Lizzie

Finally over the flu...and then yesterday my stucdent vomited all over my house...floors, door, bathroom. YUKKKKKKKKKKKKK! There has to be easier ways of earning a crust Lizzie's 'NON blog' blog Affraid

Last edited by Lizzie on 4th December 2009, 9:15 pm; edited 1 time in total

20Lizzie's 'NON blog' blog Empty Re: Lizzie's 'NON blog' blog 4th December 2009, 6:59 pm

What the hell!?!? Shocked

21Lizzie's 'NON blog' blog Empty Re: Lizzie's 'NON blog' blog 10th December 2009, 5:14 pm

Lizzie

Lizzie

So the latest is that I have been covered in Hives for the last week and I don't know what is causing it. I have a terrible fear that it is an allergy to something in red wine. What a tragedy...imagine being allergic to red wine!!!!!!!!!
DISASTER!
I am taking anti-histamines because it is so itchy and burns and I am literally covered and look like a monster...my face, bright red ears, my hands aand feet are driving me crazy, my bum is a picture of aesthetic beauty...and everythign else is blotchy and angry. Thank goodness it isn't the summer. The tablets are making me feel sleepy...so I am either itchy and snappy or I am passed out on the sofa with the kids running wild!
La vita e proprio bella questa settimana! Lizzie's 'NON blog' blog Kopfschuettel

Last edited by Lizzie on 14th December 2009, 11:27 am; edited 1 time in total

22Lizzie's 'NON blog' blog Empty Re: Lizzie's 'NON blog' blog 10th December 2009, 5:55 pm

ClareRoma

ClareRoma
Admin

Are you using new washing powder? or eating something new? what about the sawdust u use in the hamsters?

23Lizzie's 'NON blog' blog Empty Re: Lizzie's 'NON blog' blog 10th December 2009, 7:38 pm

Lizzie

Lizzie

The only thing different was a wine; I tried half a glass one day and half a glass the next day and it seemed really strange wine. I always use the same soap, washing machine liquid etc. because I am very sensitive. The hives started last Thursday, I cleaned out the hansters on the Friday, besides I am only in contact with the sawdust for a few seconds so I am not sure how it could be that.
I have had loads of tests before now, it tends to happen periodically, but the results are always negative....so I am a bit fed up and non plussed!

24Lizzie's 'NON blog' blog Empty Re: Lizzie's 'NON blog' blog 11th December 2009, 11:48 pm

ClareRoma

ClareRoma
Admin

Could be something in the funny wine u had then maybe something your allergic to! i would try getting a completely different type/make of wine and see how it goes!

25Lizzie's 'NON blog' blog Empty Re: Lizzie's 'NON blog' blog 13th December 2009, 10:57 am

Lizzie

Lizzie

The hives are going away now....still there but much reduced. Wierd thing is that my face swelled. A nonno at my school said 'hey you've put on weight' I said 'never tell a woman that!' he said 'I only said it because you look better'. But of course now I am paranoid!
So Daniel has vomited all weekend...every half an hour. I did 7 washing loads yesterday (including 3 pillows!). I have also picked up the bug...but at least it meant I couldn't eat anything....so although my face is still round the rest of me isn't hee hee! (Still feel crap though!)
Can't wait for the Xmas period to start. Got a Danish friend who has just had a baby coming to visit...always good to catch up on old friends. I met her on my first visit to Rome when we were 19, and we are still the best of friends...I was with her when she met her husband (who is Italian). Funny how life turns out and the relationships we make....

Now my brain hurts, too much thinking for one day.............!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum