LOVE about italy since thats more important
1.passionate personalities, yelling, hugging, crying , screaming haha weird but i love it
2. not being in an office 9-5... i love to work but italy has really made me take things down a notch and enjoy life more and made me think outside the box when it comes to work.
3. amazing meals! having a rountine i have finally realized is a good thing.. eating a good lunch and dinner complete with fruits and nuts and coffee is amazing and miles away from my turkey sandwhich eating days as a student
4. cheap travel, hop on over to pisa airport and i can take ryanair , easyjet anywhere thats cheaper than in america.. and the easy train accessibility is a huge plus too
5.expats! i love that 90% of people are already filtered ( in the sense they have a reason to be here, left something behind, chose a new life ) which makes meeting new people alot easier..
1. beauracracy, visa issues have made me feel lowest of the low and virtually helpless not to mention the people who seem to enjoy making my life worse harder t the comune.
2. politics... ehh my problem is i am veryyy passionate about politics which is annoying i know.. seeing how one person can have control of so much and not seem to care about his people is incredible to me.. and the people that LET him ..
3. lack of international food, yes florence has choices.. are they really good?? ehh.. allright and VERY expensive.. dinner at my fav spanish restaurant for 2 will be no lower than 35 euros. plus the italians that claim all other food but italian food is crap
4. inability to make lasting and true italian girl friendships.. i posted a thread about this on expats which was interesting.. i have lived here for over 3 1/2 years and can honestly say i dont have any real italian girl friends which makes me sad. sure i have aquantences but REAL friends.. not so much..
5. people who suck at their job but have it anyway.. you know what i am talking about, ive worked for several companies here and let me tell you. alot of people have a job who dont have a clue how to do it/ or do it right/ efficiently.. or tell me I AM doing something wrong to make themselves look better.. ugh
anyway.. i thought it would be fun to list what we love/hate ... needless to say i LOVE italy which is why i stay here and even when i go back home, im excited to visit home but i rarely want to stay... i think its just the "idea" of being back home you know? .. anywho have fun!