Pink Italy: Expat Ladies Living in Italy
Welcome to Pink Italy!
Pink Italy: Expat Ladies Living in Italy

A forum for expat women living in Italy, to swap ideas, make friends and seek advice!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Expat email friends

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Expat email friends on 28th October 2009, 2:53 pm

I was wondering if anyone was interested in starting an email friend system like being pen friends but through email.

I thought it could be fun.

Also do any of you think we should add a thread where you can add links to your blogs if you have them and if you want to?

Feedback on both these things would be excellent cheers

View user profile http://pinkitaly.forumotion.com

2 Re: Expat email friends on 28th October 2009, 4:47 pm

Hi, Clare!

How would the e-mail friend thing work? It sounds like fun, but I wasn't sure how you wanted to set it up....

The thread about blog or website links is good, too! Thanks!
-Michele

View user profile

3 Re: Expat email friends on 28th October 2009, 8:38 pm

the email thing is nice and personal, but not sure how it would work, tell us more. maybe it would prob be too time consuming for me personally...and I like to be able to log on in one place and see everyones news. the links to the blogs is good too. Another idea is that we update our who's who intro page with our latest news...so anyone who wants to hear about someone in particular can just click on that. of course i have no idea about storage issues!
????

View user profile

4 Re: Expat email friends on 28th October 2009, 10:59 pm

Oooh Lizzie thats a good idea! Have a sub-thread for the news about eachothers news? so we can just update it as well all go? The email friend thing was just a thought i wasnt completely sure how it was going to work it was just a nice idea!

I will start a blog thread then! cheers

5 Re: Expat email friends on 29th October 2009, 10:40 am

That's a great idea..we are so clever! Laughing

View user profile

6 Re: Expat email friends on 1st November 2009, 9:20 pm

I think the email thing would kinda defeat the purpose of having the forum-a friendly place to offer support and friendship. Why email one person when you have a whole community here? Posting on the forum encourages people to branch out and get to know each other..just my 2 cents...

7 Re: Expat email friends on 2nd November 2009, 10:23 am

I agree with Jess
private email is useful though when u have somethign particular to discuss that only concerns the two of u (like our hamsters Jess)!

View user profile

8 Re: Expat email friends on 2nd November 2009, 11:16 am

Hee hee

9 Re: Expat email friends on 14th November 2009, 12:56 am

yes, unfortunately I don't think i would be a good email penfriend because when you are isolated from your family and friends (like us expats are) you tend to be forced to email THE WHOLE FLIPPIN'WORLD just to keep in touch with people and you can't stand email at the end of the day!

I sometimes sit down and piddle away on the forum because I find it more relaxing that the tedious job of sitting down and writing one email to one person.

sad, but this is our world Sad and to think, when I was young (before ever seeing a computer) I used to write beautiful letters to pen friends BY HAND!!!

The days of opening up your mailbox and getting a nice card are ALMOST OVER.

View user profile

10 Re: Expat email friends on 14th November 2009, 10:40 am

Sad but so true. I spend so much time on email just keeping track of family and close friends. I have a deal where I pay 10euro a month and I can call anywhere in Europe..but to be honest it is never the right moment so I rely much more on email..less intrusive. Unfortunaately I am on the forums too much..coz I am isolated during the day, and I really should be using my time to prepare lessons, play with my kids, hosue work and studying for my patente!

View user profile

11 Re: Expat email friends on 14th November 2009, 6:24 pm

Lizzie wrote:I have a deal where I pay 10euro a month and I can call anywhere in Europe

Ooh. Which company is that with? I still haven't got myself organised with a mobile and that sounds really good. Please tell me more!

View user profile http://katebailward.com/drivinglikeamaniac

12 Re: Expat email friends on 14th November 2009, 6:48 pm

I don't think you'd be interested as it is applicable only to residential lines through Telecom Italia (italy's equivalent to BT)

View user profile

13 Re: Expat email friends on 14th November 2009, 7:32 pm

Bum. Thanks for replying, anyway.

View user profile http://katebailward.com/drivinglikeamaniac

14 Re: Expat email friends on 15th November 2009, 10:41 am

Katja wrote:Bum. Thanks for replying, anyway.

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum