Pink Italy: Expat Ladies Living in Italy
Welcome to Pink Italy!
Pink Italy: Expat Ladies Living in Italy

A forum for expat women living in Italy, to swap ideas, make friends and seek advice!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Learning by Watching Italian TV, but only "real" Italian programs

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

I've found that one good way to learn (there are a lot) is to watch "real" Italian TV programs. That is, nothing dubbed. I find it very distracting and much more difficult to watch and learn when the person's mouth movements don't match what they're saying (or, in this case, what the person doing the dubbing said).

One of the new channels we're picking up now since Piedmont went completely digital is RaiSat Premium, or something like that. It's a free channel and it seems like they just play movies back to back. Real Italian movies, not things that are dubbed! cheers I don't want to get started on a rant about how I'm sick of dubbed movies....

A lot of the programs here have been unwatchable to me, but I was never one to TiVO everything and watch it later. What one of the other posters said is right, though, in that I think the news is pretty hard to get a grasp of, at least initially. I think you might be better off watching "Carabinieri." At least then you also have some good looking Italians to stare at, too. lol!

View user profile
I agree about the dubbing being distracting. I find the Carlo Verdone dvds a real hoot to watch, and great for those of us living in Rome. Also of course to watch in Italian are the Benigni films and 'La vita bella' is heartbreakingly moving.

View user profile
It's true, Carlo Verdone is hilarious! Unfortunately, some of his stuff is really hard to understand. I guess if you have subtitles....

View user profile
I just have a boyfriend who loves him and am regularly subjected to the DVDs!

View user profile
When I first moved here I watched a lot of game shows. Jerry Scotti was a favourite. His show is good as they print all the questions on the screen - also lots of chit chat before the contestants guess at the answer. bounce

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum