Pink Italy: Expat Ladies Living in Italy
Welcome to Pink Italy!
Pink Italy: Expat Ladies Living in Italy

A forum for expat women living in Italy, to swap ideas, make friends and seek advice!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Rachel in Vasto, Chieti Abruzzo

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Rachel in Vasto, Chieti Abruzzo on 10th October 2009, 11:18 pm

Hi lovely ladies - i just came across this forum upon suggestion of a member in expatexchange.com. This is fabulous! A great idea to have a forum just for us!!!
I'm 34, from the US, have been living in Vasto (google it Smile ) for 8 yrs now. Married to, yep, you guessed it, an italian... we have a 2 yr old daughter with the sweetest smile on earth Smile

We have a decent group of expats here in my town so i'm not short of friends, but i am short of time... never get a chance to get together!

Nonetheless, i miss my home country a lot on certain days of the year and whenever I try to go out shopping for anything (especially shoes, baby items, DIY stuff, and groceries... and... well, just about everything!)

I am currently a SAHM but i do the occasional translation and get occasional part-time work editing websites and stuff. I taught English the first 5 yrs I was here but haven't been doing that as of late.

My husband owns a lovely palace in the hills but I personally don't get up there very often. Do call or stop by if you're ever over this way! www.palazzotd.com

We also have some properties for sale (a vineyard and a huge palace that is in total ruins) if any of you know of anyone crazy enough to take on huge projects like that - you know, like that crazy british guy who started a wine-making business in France and has a TV show... can't remember his name!

I look forward to exchanging with all of you!
Ciao-
Rachel

View user profile

2 hello on 11th October 2009, 2:53 am

Hello Rachel!

Nice to meet you (via online). I can relate in regards to shopping. Every time I'm at our home in the U.S. I go on a shopping frenzy and when I return to Italy I bring several suitcases back with our favorite things we can't get here. Where in the U.S. are you from?

Salute,
Michele

View user profile http://www.facebook.com (DougandMichele Toto Rawson)

3 Re: Rachel in Vasto, Chieti Abruzzo on 11th October 2009, 4:57 pm

Hi Michele -
I was born and raised in Oregon. Also lived several years in Hawaii and Minnesota.

The guy in your photo looks just like a famous actor! Name doesn't come to mind right now.

Ciao!
Rachel

View user profile

4 Re: Rachel in Vasto, Chieti Abruzzo on 11th October 2009, 5:29 pm

Buona sera Rachel,

Oregon is a beautiful state, we have been there several times. Hawaii is another beautiful state. We have a lot of family in Hawaii, Hilo is where my father is from. The guy in the photo with me is my husband. He isn't a famous actor, but he is awesome to me :-)

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

Ciao ciao

View user profile http://www.facebook.com (DougandMichele Toto Rawson)

5 Re: Rachel in Vasto, Chieti Abruzzo on 11th October 2009, 11:35 pm

Hello and welcome to the forum! Very Happy

View user profile http://pinkitaly.forumotion.com

6 Re: Rachel in Vasto, Chieti Abruzzo on 6th January 2010, 7:29 pm

Ciao Rachel,

Thanks for the suggestion of this site!! I am excited to meet others and can't wait to arrive!!

Smile

View user profile

7 Re: Rachel in Vasto, Chieti Abruzzo on 6th January 2010, 9:26 pm

Nice to meet you Marzano Smile welcome to the forum! cheers

View user profile http://pinkitaly.forumotion.com

8 Re: Rachel in Vasto, Chieti Abruzzo on 6th January 2010, 9:30 pm

Thank you! I appreciate your welcome!

Rosemary

View user profile

9 Re: Rachel in Vasto, Chieti Abruzzo on 20th January 2010, 10:52 pm

Hi Rachel

I am from England just outside London, dart between here and our little house in a tiny tiny village outside Teramo so not too far away. Next time we are down in the area will let you know and maybe I can meet you and some other Abruzzo based ex-pats. We have a little blog, Life in Abruzzo which we place restaurant reviews so maybe we should talk at some point about getting your husband's restaurant up there, it looks wonderful

View user profile http://www.lifeinabruzzo.com

10 Re: Rachel in Vasto, Chieti Abruzzo on 21st January 2010, 12:34 am

sammysan wrote:Hi Rachel

I am from England just outside London, dart between here and our little house in a tiny tiny village outside Teramo so not too far away. Next time we are down in the area will let you know and maybe I can meet you and some other Abruzzo based ex-pats. We have a little blog, Life in Abruzzo which we place restaurant reviews so maybe we should talk at some point about getting your husband's restaurant up there, it looks wonderful

Hi there - would be lovely to meet up. What village are you in? I'll look at your blog. Are you on facebook? we can message easier there.
i'm rachel komyate

look forward to meeting you

View user profile

11 Re: Rachel in Vasto, Chieti Abruzzo on 21st January 2010, 12:54 am

Hi Rachel

We are in a little village called Bascianella, that nobody has heard of close to Isola san Grasso. I'll find you on facebook, we have a page too if you search for lifeinabruzzo, ditto for twitter.

View user profile http://www.lifeinabruzzo.com

12 Re: Rachel in Vasto, Chieti Abruzzo on 5th February 2010, 5:20 pm

Hi Rachel. I'm new to this forum but noticed we live relatively close to each other. Perhaps one day we can meet for coffee. It would be great to meet some other Americans.

Giovanna
Mi Chiamo Giovanna

View user profile http://www.expatsinitaly.com/giovanna

13 Vasto Abruzzo on 11th June 2010, 2:25 pm

Hi My name is Bernice!
I recently bought a house in the Vasto area - I'm not sure if there are any other Brits or Americans there, but if there are FAB!!
I'm a bit stuck at the moment as I need a cheap car to get around and don't know where I could find one in the Vasto area ! ~Since I don't speak Italian - but want to learn in time!
Also in desperate need of a DIY shop - any suggestions?? Thanks!
Bernice.

View user profile

14 Re: Rachel in Vasto, Chieti Abruzzo on 12th June 2010, 10:01 am

Welcome, Racheal :-)

View user profile http://rinaz.net

15 Re: Rachel in Vasto, Chieti Abruzzo on 15th June 2010, 7:15 am

BC92 wrote:Hi My name is Bernice!
I recently bought a house in the Vasto area - I'm not sure if there are any other Brits or Americans there, but if there are FAB!!
I'm a bit stuck at the moment as I need a cheap car to get around and don't know where I could find one in the Vasto area ! ~Since I don't speak Italian - but want to learn in time!
Also in desperate need of a DIY shop - any suggestions?? Thanks!
Bernice.

Hi Bernice -

I look forward to meeting you. I've just sent you a PM. Answer / we can even exchange phone numbers Smile

I know most or all of the Brits and Americans in the Vasto area!
Ciao
Rachel

View user profile

16 Re: Rachel in Vasto, Chieti Abruzzo on 29th July 2010, 2:13 pm

Hi Bernice & Giovanna! Sorry for the late welcome!

View user profile

17 My Dad was From Montefalcone nel Sannio on 16th November 2011, 10:29 pm

Rachel:
First let be honest up,front. I am a 83 year old man. I live in Cinnaminson, NJ, USA.
I love Italy and wished I had moved there when my wife died (1995). I have relatives (2nd and 3rd cousins) that live in Pescara, Termoli and Montefalcone. The last time I was there was 2005 or 06.[i]have traveled thru Italy 10 times and in fact was stationed there in 1946/47. I was in Tarcento in the Venezia-Giulia area. Just north of Udine.
I have been through Vasto on my way to Tremoli and Montefalcone, but nevr had reason to stop. I have an ex-pat friend who was living in Ventralla over in Umbria, but he has since returned to the US. He recently sold his house there. He wanted to stay, but, his contract ended and back he came.It would be a pleasure to chat with you about Italy and anything else that you might be of interest.
LOU

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum