Pink Italy: Expat Ladies Living in Italy
Welcome to Pink Italy!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to Pink Italy!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for expat women living in Italy, to swap ideas, make friends and seek advice!

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Story of Edgar Sawtelle

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1The Story of Edgar Sawtelle Empty The Story of Edgar Sawtelle 8th October 2009, 5:48 pm

jmisgro

jmisgro

I finished this last week. It was really good. It's about an American family that breeds dogs. The couple finally has a child (Edgar) but he is born mute. The story is about him and his relationship with the dogs.

http://www.litlequeenrules.blogspot.com

2The Story of Edgar Sawtelle Empty Re: The Story of Edgar Sawtelle 15th January 2010, 6:49 pm

carrieitly

carrieitly

Boo! I posted a reply to this, but it disappeared into some Internet black hole!

I love The Story of Edgar Sawtelle! It's dark, and beautiful, and uplifting and surreal. It's one of those books that leaves you amazed there are people alive who have the talent to write like that... to think like that!

*SPOILER ALERT*

I'm embarassed to admit I got through the entire book without realizing it was a "retelling" of "Hamlet". While reading it I kept getting this nagging feeling of familiarty, but it never clicked. Doh! I have to say though, even if you know the story of Hamlet inside out, don't let it put you off on this book. It is at once the same and totally different. Edgar and those dogs are absolute LOVES!

Last edited by carrieitly on 15th January 2010, 7:00 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : My spelling's atrocious!)

3The Story of Edgar Sawtelle Empty Re: The Story of Edgar Sawtelle 15th January 2010, 10:58 pm

Lizzie

Lizzie

ohhh too late on the spoiler alert.........., but will def look out for it!

4The Story of Edgar Sawtelle Empty Re: The Story of Edgar Sawtelle 16th January 2010, 8:49 pm

jmisgro

jmisgro

It never occured to me that it was hamlet.

It was fantastic for a first novel.

http://www.litlequeenrules.blogspot.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum