Pink Italy: Expat Ladies Living in Italy
Welcome to Pink Italy!
Pink Italy: Expat Ladies Living in Italy

A forum for expat women living in Italy, to swap ideas, make friends and seek advice!

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Little Library in Balduina and a cake sale on 10 October

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Hi all.

I just wanted to let you know about a few upcoming events taking place in Balduina. I know a lot of you are thinking about the coming winter and wondering what there is to do in Rome with your young children so hopefully this will be something to look forward to.

Silvia (Emily’sMum) and I have been working with the charity her mother set up, Salvamamme, to plan the opening of a new library for children in Balduina. We’ve been given the space and are starting the renovation work this week. We are hoping to have it opened by mid-December.

It will only be a little library but will be somewhere that parents can bring their kids and sit in a cosy, clean and friendly environment and read books in English and Italian as well as getting to meet and chat to other parents and children. We will also be holding special days there throughout the year, such as weekly music sing-alongs and book readings, face painting days and art workshops. Hopefully some of you will want to get involved and put on days of your own.

So that’s just a heads up really about a project that is under way.

One of the things we are doing to raise money for the Little LIbrary is to have a cake sale on Saturday 10th. It’s going to be held at the Salvamamme office on Via Attilio Friggeri, 57 between 10am-2pm. It would be great if you could pop in and show your support or even bake a cake for us to sell. It’s a great cause and the money will go towards creating a place that you and your children can enjoy throughout the year for free.

Anyway, that’s it for now. Do let either of us know if you have any questions. Or if you are able to help in any way. Hopefully see you on 10th!

Thanks, Kate & Silvia

View user profile http://pinkitaly.forumotion.com

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum