Pink Italy: Expat Ladies Living in Italy
Welcome to Pink Italy!
Pink Italy: Expat Ladies Living in Italy

A forum for expat women living in Italy, to swap ideas, make friends and seek advice!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Should we talk about expats in italy?

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26 Re: Should we talk about expats in italy? on 12th April 2010, 3:03 pm

I haven't been on it for an age either............

View user profile

27 Re: Should we talk about expats in italy? on 12th April 2010, 7:23 pm

same here, I have logged on there maybe one time in the last 5 months and that was only because I needed to reference a post I made a few years ago. The people there drove me away. What's funny though is the Belgian site I visit now is CRAZY and way meaner. But the Italy one just drives me more insane for some reason. What thread are you talking about G?

28 Re: Should we talk about expats in italy? on 12th April 2010, 9:27 pm

mostly the political ones.. Its seems as if its like congress in america , bitter name calling and childish behavior and always the "helpful" inserts by Japru"f***" as i like to call him lol.. i love talking about poltics but the members have sucked all the joy from it.. not to mention the poor people who ask questions about how to come to italy, i get it that it gets old answering the same questions but thats no reason to be mean or insist you will never find a job ect ect ... LOL..

View user profile http://ggnitaly84.blogspot.com/

29 Re: Should we talk about expats in italy? on 18th April 2010, 2:43 am

I've been on Expats maybe twice since it was relaunched. I don't miss it. It's so much nicer over here... thank you Claire!

I had the "pleasure" to randomly meet one of the arrogant, rude men off Expats last summer. Behaved exactly as he writes. Hopefully not a repeat experience.

View user profile

30 Re: Should we talk about expats in italy? on 18th April 2010, 11:09 am

carrieitly wrote:I've been on Expats maybe twice since it was relaunched. I don't miss it. It's so much nicer over here... thank you Claire!

I had the "pleasure" to randomly meet one of the arrogant, rude men off Expats last summer. Behaved exactly as he writes. Hopefully not a repeat experience.

ooooooooooh would love to know who that was!!!! Twisted Evil

View user profile

31 Re: Should we talk about expats in italy? on 18th April 2010, 12:09 pm

Tell us the story of what happened Carrie!! Very Happy

They have a monster meet up in June i think and when that site intially re-opened i signed up for it but after seeing the petitness still there i honestly decided not to bother going.

View user profile http://pinkitaly.forumotion.com

32 Re: Should we talk about expats in italy? on 18th April 2010, 12:14 pm

I don't visit there either any more despite efforts to make it all a bit more friendly recently.... I go to British Expats a lot but them I'm British and on the whole the Italian sub forum is friendly but also when things get a bit humorous it is very English really and we all understand when it's funny and when it isn't. We have had some criticism from Italians who obviously have 'Anglophilic' tendencies and then read one of our moans about the Italians and then take offence but I guess you don't have to read it and from my pov it's good to have a place to go and just say 'is it me??' and voice all those observations... that I might not voice with other Expats. The same here really, there are things I could discuss with women that I might not want to talk about if I thought men might be reading... what is fascinating about Forums on general is that you begin to see how many facets your own personality has.

View user profile

33 Re: Should we talk about expats in italy? on 18th April 2010, 1:46 pm

ok carrie now im curious too, who was it?! Razz... I feel so comfortable talking about anything in this forum, i do go on expats because I am passionate about politics/social issues so I like that there is talk about that until of course people get negative and self-ritous.. it amazes me how many people think they know the "truth" . And btw.. would you catch me going on an expat in USA forum on their rant page? hell NO! lol... they have the right to complain and rant, as does anyone and yes you need an outlet, obviously we are here because we love it or why stay? i think the absence of men ( and some women who i wont say who annoys me the most of expats lol) .. really makes this forum a pleasant place to be. Smile

View user profile http://ggnitaly84.blogspot.com/

34 Re: Should we talk about expats in italy? on 18th April 2010, 8:06 pm

I wont name names here... too public, but I'll tell you once I get to Rome/Firenze for a meet-up (soon I hope!).

It was one of those things were I was out, talking to someone, and they were like, "oh, there's another English speaker here". I was happy to have someone to talk to, so I was all friendly and enthusiastic, but he basically seemed to regard me as a complete non-entity.

It wasn't until later that day that it clicked which me who it actually was!

View user profile

35 Re: Should we talk about expats in italy? on 18th April 2010, 9:26 pm

boooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! u have to message it someone!

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum