Pink Italy: Expat Ladies Living in Italy
Welcome to Pink Italy!
Pink Italy: Expat Ladies Living in Italy

A forum for expat women living in Italy, to swap ideas, make friends and seek advice!

You are not connected. Please login or register

old men with NO bounderies!

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26 Re: old men with NO bounderies! on 17th March 2010, 8:13 pm

I have run into these problems a lot here. The first time was at work. One of the farriers that came in would always try to kiss me and grab my @ss. The stable manager just laughed and said not to worry about it, the guy is not right in the head... like that is an excuse! So one day I had it with him and the next time he did it, he followed after me and I turned around, hit his hand and yelled at him to 'stop grabbing my @ass you f-ing pervert!' LOL his face went red and he said that I misunderstood, and he would NEVER try to touch me. yeah right!

Another time was about a year ago, I was out walking on my own (thank god I did not have my 3 year old with me!) and there was an old guy who looked just like any old grandpa. He said hi and I thought that he was a friend of my MIL or something so I said hello. Well the conversation went quickly from 'nice day' to literally 'Do you like to f.ck' and 'Why don't you and I get together and have a good time'! I was on a back road at the time and there was nobody around so I could not ask for help. However I did pull out my cell phone and told him that if he said another word, I was calling the police. He actually had the nerve to look offended! Evil or Very Mad

View user profile

27 Re: old men with NO bounderies! on 19th March 2010, 7:57 pm

I don't know what it is here in the village. In America I was always told I was unapproachable. I know I don't look any different, and I certainly don't act any differently...I think it's just really poor boundaries and disrespectful men. I have to say though, it's really only the older men.

Giovanna

View user profile http://www.expatsinitaly.com/giovanna

28 Re: old men with NO bounderies! on 20th March 2010, 1:34 pm

giovanna wrote:I don't know what it is here in the village. In America I was always told I was unapproachable. I know I don't look any different, and I certainly don't act any differently...I think it's just really poor boundaries and disrespectful men. I have to say though, it's really only the older men.

Giovanna

I never have had any of this... I think looking like an Old Hag obviously helps!! lol! ... although there was a bloke who did a wheely in front of me on his moped and then promply fell off!! I went and helped him up but he didn't seem to want my help for some reason... must be a testosterone thing... scratch

View user profile

29 Re: old men with NO bounderies! on 11th April 2010, 11:42 pm

yay so just when my faith in the elderly had returned.. I was at Ipercoop today with two friends when an old man noticed my camera and started up with a creepy ( and very close to the face ) conversation. I am guessing "personal space" isn't for everyone! At first he was just chatting with us but then He started trying to kiss me, my friend and tried to touch our necks while talking to us and claiming we were albanian? and insisting we were'nt American and talking about an apartment he rents to Albanians ( poor guys! ) SOOOOO disturbing!!! He even kissed my guy friend ( who is a rugby player from england ) I don't know what to think. And his son/friend came over and just smiled and asked us if we wanted a coffee.. wtf?????? I just don't get it.. Evil or Very Mad

View user profile http://ggnitaly84.blogspot.com/

30 Re: old men with NO bounderies! on 12th April 2010, 3:14 pm

Ggnitaly84 wrote:yay so just when my faith in the elderly had returned.. I was at Ipercoop today with two friends when an old man noticed my camera and started up with a creepy ( and very close to the face ) conversation. I am guessing "personal space" isn't for everyone! At first he was just chatting with us but then He started trying to kiss me, my friend and tried to touch our necks while talking to us and claiming we were albanian? and insisting we were'nt American and talking about an apartment he rents to Albanians ( poor guys! ) SOOOOO disturbing!!! He even kissed my guy friend ( who is a rugby player from england ) I don't know what to think. And his son/friend came over and just smiled and asked us if we wanted a coffee.. wtf?????? I just don't get it.. Evil or Very Mad

that's just bizarre!!!!!!!!!!!!!! affraid

View user profile

31 Re: old men with NO bounderies! on 12th April 2010, 11:19 pm

Ggnitaly84 wrote:yay so just when my faith in the elderly had returned.. I was at Ipercoop today with two friends when an old man noticed my camera and started up with a creepy ( and very close to the face ) conversation. I am guessing "personal space" isn't for everyone! At first he was just chatting with us but then He started trying to kiss me, my friend and tried to touch our necks while talking to us and claiming we were albanian? and insisting we were'nt American and talking about an apartment he rents to Albanians ( poor guys! ) SOOOOO disturbing!!! He even kissed my guy friend ( who is a rugby player from england ) I don't know what to think. And his son/friend came over and just smiled and asked us if we wanted a coffee.. wtf?????? I just don't get it.. Evil or Very Mad

something very odd was going on there!!! did you turn around and run away as fast as you could go??? affraid

View user profile

32 Re: old men with NO bounderies! on 12th April 2010, 11:21 pm

it was so surreal !!!!!!!!!! literally all in a manner of a minute, at first he was just asking us questions but then came the "neck rubbing" and more! He was at least 80+ !!!! Yes i escaped as fast as I could on the other side of Ipercoop.. of course tommaso was NOT nearby when that happaned lol..

View user profile http://ggnitaly84.blogspot.com/

33 Re: old men with NO bounderies! on 8th May 2010, 11:53 am

My buxom gorgeous 15 year old daughter won't know what's hit her when we move to Milano this summer. Up till now, she has grown up in Asia and has only returned to Italy during summers to my husband's home town in Abruzzo. It's a tiny village up in the mountains where everyone knows everyone so she has always felt 'safe' and has never had to deal with 'dirty old men'. Asian men are very discreet and it's almost disappointing as they hardly give women a second glance even if they were walking past them naked. We are actually off to Milano this week to check out schools ( not men! ) for my daughter. It'll be interesting to see how it goes. Looks like I'm going to have to perfect the 'Don't Fuck With My Daughter' look as well as the ' Hey, I'm here ! " look.

View user profile

34 Re: old men with NO bounderies! on 8th May 2010, 6:29 pm

cxtine wrote:My buxom gorgeous 15 year old daughter won't know what's hit her when we move to Milano this summer. Up till now, she has grown up in Asia and has only returned to Italy during summers to my husband's home town in Abruzzo. It's a tiny village up in the mountains where everyone knows everyone so she has always felt 'safe' and has never had to deal with 'dirty old men'. Asian men are very discreet and it's almost disappointing as they hardly give women a second glance even if they were walking past them naked. We are actually off to Milano this week to check out schools ( not men! ) for my daughter. It'll be interesting to see how it goes. Looks like I'm going to have to perfect the 'Don't Fuck With My Daughter' look as well as the ' Hey, I'm here ! " look.

hi, so what town is your husband's hometown? we live in Vasto, and have a bed&breakfast in Carunchio!

View user profile

35 Re: old men with NO bounderies! on 9th May 2010, 4:03 am

Hi rkabruzzo,

My husband's hometown is Cansano, near Sulmona. We go there every summer to recharge our batteries and breathe in lovely clean air. Love it there but couldn't live there all year round. I'm a city girl born and bred.

View user profile

36 Re: old men with NO bounderies! on 27th May 2010, 5:40 am

cxtine - Give us a heads up if you're in Abruzzo this summer. As Rachel said, she's in Vasto, and my husband and I are in Giulianova. Abruzzo meet-up!

View user profile

37 Re: old men with NO bounderies! on 27th May 2010, 8:29 am

Sounds good to me. We will most probably be there in July !

View user profile

38 Re: old men with NO bounderies! on 27th May 2010, 11:44 pm

Great!

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum