Pink Italy: Expat Ladies Living in Italy
Welcome to Pink Italy!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Welcome to Pink Italy!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum for expat women living in Italy, to swap ideas, make friends and seek advice!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Nursing in Italy?

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Nursing in Italy? Empty Nursing in Italy? 25th August 2010, 3:05 pm

mgray

I will be moving to Pescara in Abruzzo next month and I am currently breastfeeding my 7 month old son. How friendly, or not, do you find the culture to be to BFing moms?

2Nursing in Italy? Empty Re: Nursing in Italy? 26th August 2010, 10:09 pm

Lizzie

Lizzie

i've had 3 kids here, and breastfed all of them... Breastfeeding is viewed as very natural, I would have no problem doing it in public, (although discreetly for the sake of my own privacy! You are more likely to get attention for sexual reasons rather than dissaproval, especially if you look like a foreigner!) You can take your kids into restaurants etc. finally now that no smoking is enforced in bars and restaurants, breastfeed away! You may find having kids also helps u make friends, go to the local playground and u should meet local mums and you'll pick up the language as you go (although i strongly recommend some formal studying too!) Only negative thing is that people are very nosey, don't be surprised to get unasked for advice abotu their health and esp if they think you are under-dressing them, just take it on the chin and try and smile coz it just never stops and sometimes it is just their way of trying to be friendly! Some Italians really think if you are a foreigner you don't actually know how to be a good parent!!!!!!!! Remember the Italian way is the best way! Razz )

good luck, and any questions I am here if I can help! Very Happy

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum