Pink Italy: Expat Ladies Living in Italy
Welcome to Pink Italy!
Pink Italy: Expat Ladies Living in Italy

A forum for expat women living in Italy, to swap ideas, make friends and seek advice!


You are not connected. Please login or register

Hello from Verona

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Hello from Verona on 4th September 2009, 1:12 am

Guest


Guest
I'm Jessica, I have lived in Verona for the past year. I was in Rome for 2 years before that. I am still struggling with Italian, I have the comprehension down but the talking is where my hang ups are-haha. I am currently studying to take the CELTA and I will hopefully start teaching english after that.

Ciao!

2 Re: Hello from Verona on 13th September 2009, 6:52 pm

Guest


Guest
Mic check? Is anyone there Sad

3 Language troubles on 13th September 2009, 7:03 pm

You sound like me, I casn understand a lot if the person speaking isnt too fast, however my brain cant think to translate what I want to say at talking speed, its more of snail speed, so its like that game where you answer the question that was asked before the current one. Oh and conjugating verbs is a bit slow too, oh and also choosing which carrying verb to use as sometimes in Italian instead of "I have" its "I am" etc etc and vice versa. Doh! study

View user profile

4 Re: Hello from Verona on 19th September 2009, 2:24 am

Hey Jessica !
Its been a bit since we've spoken. I hope Verona is treating you well and I wish you much luck in taking the CELTA and finding your dream job Smile

View user profile

5 Re: Hello from Verona on 19th September 2009, 11:22 am

Hellloo Jessica!


We love you!! 'hugsss' you are not forgotten!

View user profile http://pinkitaly.forumotion.com

6 Re: Hello from Verona on 22nd September 2009, 3:01 am

whats life like in Verona?? ive never been there!

View user profile http://ggnitaly84.blogspot.com/

7 Re: Hello from Verona on 22nd September 2009, 9:07 am

So how's the CELTA going? where are u doing it, how long is it etc.?
I did it in the UK over 6 months, which was great as it gave me time to study and absorb all the info rather than cram it all in but not really asimulate(?no time to spellcheck!) it.

View user profile

8 Re: Hello from Verona on 29th September 2009, 10:23 pm

Guest


Guest
Lizzie wrote:So how's the CELTA going? where are u doing it, how long is it etc.?
I did it in the UK over 6 months, which was great as it gave me time to study and absorb all the info rather than cram it all in but not really asimulate(?no time to spellcheck!) it.

Hey Lizzie I just saw this so I thought I would answer. I was planning to do the celta in January because that's the only time they offer it besides the Summer, which is already over. The course is 5 months long I believe. I am not sure if I will be doing it now as I have a job, I will have to see how it goes. But I have no desire to ever do it in the 4 weeks format! Shocked

9 Re: Hello from Verona on 29th September 2009, 10:26 pm

Guest


Guest
Ggnitaly84 wrote:whats life like in Verona?? ive never been there!

Verona life is intersting. I am actually learning more about it by having a job that puts me more in touch with the residents here. Before I only asscoiated with our circle of friends, mostly coworkers of my husband who are not from here. But seeing and interacting with real Veronese is a huge turn off. It seems to be all about money and putting on a show. I really hope we get out of here soon, either to a location more to the South or America.

10 Re: Hello from Verona on 29th September 2009, 10:27 pm

Guest


Guest
Karla wrote:Hey Jessica !
Its been a bit since we've spoken. I hope Verona is treating you well and I wish you much luck in taking the CELTA and finding your dream job Smile

hey Karla! yes long time no talk! Where are you these days?

11 Re: Hello from Verona on 29th September 2009, 10:27 pm

Guest


Guest
bumblebee wrote:You sound like me, I casn understand a lot if the person speaking isnt too fast, however my brain cant think to translate what I want to say at talking speed, its more of snail speed, so its like that game where you answer the question that was asked before the current one. Oh and conjugating verbs is a bit slow too, oh and also choosing which carrying verb to use as sometimes in Italian instead of "I have" its "I am" etc etc and vice versa. Doh! study

I'm glad I am not the only one!

12 Re: Hello from Verona on 30th September 2009, 8:12 am

I spent some time in Milan and found them to be very omney orietnatedand image conscious. Now I know the same is true of Romans, but you can at least still find some really down to wearth people. COme back to Rome Jessica (or if u go to America, take me with you!)

View user profile

Sponsored content


View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum